Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-10-2013, 07:58 PM

Default Re: PT11 and RTAS?

I asked because the end of RTAS could mean a number of things. I can still use RTAS so as far as I'm concerned it hasn't ended. What has happened is that it is not compatible with the new software. Therefore I have to make a decision whether to stay with what I have or start over again. This gets rather tiresome every year or so especially as I write and record rubbish songs that no matter what the system will still be rubbish.
Maybe I'll wait and see how many free upgrades to AAX I can get before making the plunge.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'll wait and see how many free upgrades to AAX I can get before making the plunge.
good plan

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
yes, You Tube comments...written by "real" people.....it's so funny that you instantly attack someone with a different opinion....."incredible sound man ...maybe.." counting/social skills, not so incredible...
I wrote two (2) comments...and many others wrote comments. Can't you just accept that some people disagree with you?

First off... I am attacking no one. I simply pointed out that YouTube is not exactly the best place to find good opinions on anything. It often resorts to a whole lot of nonsense from people we know nothing about. Here... we can have a discussion. Plus, it's hard to take someone seriously when you are sent a link proclaiming "all" of this dissent, and the first two comments I see are from you.

Aside from the fact that all people do on YouTube is complain or argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
... Just show respect.
How about you recant everything before this line and do the same, rather than making outlandish statements? Find me the thread where I said any of that.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
a car you drive in the snow and ice that you don't care when it gets another dent from someone sliding into it

I might have a new quote
What is this snow and ice you refer to?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
First off... I am attacking no one. I simply pointed out that YouTube is not exactly the best place to find good opinions on anything. It often resorts to a whole lot of nonsense from people we know nothing about. Here... we can have a discussion. Plus, it's hard to take someone seriously when you are sent a link proclaiming "all" of this dissent, and the first two comments I see are from you.

Aside from the fact that all people do on YouTube is complain or argue.

How about you recant everything before this line and do the same, rather than making outlandish statements? Find me the thread where I said any of that.
I am not participating in this peeing contest...Go help some users with your "incredible" expertise...this is a waste of time.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 04-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccanears View Post
What is this snow and ice you refer to?
Where us Vikings live!

[insert=led zeppelin]immigrant song[/insert]

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
...Pretty much all plugins will eventually be updated to work in the AAX format, whether natively(as Waves has announced) or via AAX DSP(for those with HDX cards)....
Where did you see this Waves announcement? I just sent email a couple of days ago, and they said an announcement regarding AAX support and wether they would charge for it would be made in the following days/weeks...

https://linktr.ee/sergius128
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergius View Post
Where did you see this Waves announcement? I just sent email a couple of days ago, and they said an announcement regarding AAX support and wether they would charge for it would be made in the following days/weeks...
If your wup is up to date it will cover it.

Wave-T.com
Old 04-11-2013, 09:58 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about developers dropping RTAS or even TDM support in new plug-ins. The market is undoubtedly still huge and there will probably be a big market in used older HD systems for some time.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM

They had to do it, and as excited as I am about PT11, people have so much invested in RTAS (and TDM for some), dropping that format will cause a large percentage of long term users to wait for a very long time. I know it will for me, as I own tons of RTAS, many are not either available for I can't afford to go do AAX. I like many are waiting on Waves.

I am leaning towards going the Apollo route, especially after watching Russ' video's on pushing the system with PT.

I will most likely do that, or keep my HD2 for years to come. The only issue I have today, is my MacPro is in need of an update.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp