Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 02-07-2006, 12:07 PM

Default bad volume or filename -37 when importing session

It seems every time I try to import session data, I get an error if I've used some of the same files in both the source and target sessions. I believe pro tools used to add a .1 to files to the added files that had the same name. now I get this error. Also, If I tell it to referance the audio files in the source session it works, until I try to do a "save session copy" thus attempting to put all the audio files together in one audio files folder. Any thoughts on this would be might appreciated.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Re: bad volume or filename -37 when importing session

yes this is the infamous "-37" error. multiple files, identical names in different folders and PT tries to throw them all into one single folder when importing or saving in.

I think what might work is to import the track with "link to media" then open the project browser. activate "select parent files in project browser" in the region list. then open the audiofiles folder in the project browser. select all the region on the tracks you imported and PT will select the according files in the project browser. now select "copy and relink selected" in the project browser´s toolbox. PT will ask where to put the files. when you chose the target session´s folder (the one of the session you are in now) PT will most likely rename those files if the same names are already present. If you get -37 again you have no other choice than to repeat the procedure and chose a new folder to copy those files to.

Unfortunately this is due to the incredible asset-management capabilities of PT. It leaves most of the work to the user unfortunately...

frank.