Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2016, 04:11 PM

Default Artist Control not working at all

I own an Artist Control and I have been using it successfully for about 6 years. Yesterday my Avid Artist Control died. It lost all power, does not start up, no lights, zero it is 100% dead. I took it for repair (I have extended guarantee from the dealer) and they confirmed that power supply is good and that the unit is in fact faulty/dead. They will be sending my unit to Avid to be fixed. In the mean time, they loaned me another Artist Control, however, this loaner does not work. The loaner unit does power up, as it should, but for some reason it is not connecting correctly to my system. This is what happens:

Plug in Artist Control unit and power on (unit powers on correctly).
Launch Eucon 3.2 (Eucon launches correctly)
Open Eucon Settings (MC Control shows *available*)
Click on "add" button.....takes about 30 seconds
Error message says: Network error, can not communicate, problem possible bad cable, unit not on, unit connected to another system, may be a firmware update or hardware problem. Check cables, power down unit, wait 30 seconds, and try again.

(I tried re-booting everything and nothing helps)

The unit is connected to the exact same network as my previous unit, nothing has changed.

Thinking that it may be a firmware upgrade required, I reverted my Eucon to version 2.6 which cam in the DVD software with the loaner unit, but that did not help. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thank you
G
Old 12-06-2016, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Artist Control not working at all

Maybe the loaner is configured to operate on a static IP, and you should change it to DHCP.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
Maybe the loaner is configured to operate on a static IP, and you should change it to DHCP.
Thanks, I did check my setting on my sys pref/network and I am in fact DHCP. Is there somewhere else in the actual unit that I can change this?

Last edited by garnoil; 12-07-2016 at 05:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-07-2016, 01:27 PM

Solved, thank you for your help (static IP issue at the controler)