Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2019, 07:59 AM

Default PT Control App: Network Question

Eddie Jones keeps mentioning the network, regarding my ongoing Crashing Issues with the PT Control app in use with Nuendo. But I have no idea what that means. He just said that I might want to check my network. Check for what? What would I be looking for?

Should I assign a separate ip address for the iPad? Would that make it stop crashing Eucon and, by extension, Nuendo?

I THOUGHT I had a work around by simply avoiding the tracks page on the app, since that is what would cause it to crash. But, yesterday I found another wrinkle. The MC Control partially dropped connection with Nuendo. The CLEAR SOLO button stopped working. Ordinarily all I needed to do was restart the Eucon settings and everything is back to normal in a few seconds. It was a very minor irritation that I'd learned to live with. But this time, because the PT Control app was on, it crashed the entire system!

That is NOT ACCEPTABLE!! So now I'm looking for one last ditch effort to get this thing to work, hence the network question. Failing that, I'll be taking it offline and selling the iPad.

Anybody interested in a slightly used ( I've only owned for just shy of 2 months) 10" 2nd Generation iPad with 256gb memory? Let me know.

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 01-26-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:14 AM

Default Re: PT Control App: Network Question

Will someone tell me how to set a static ip address for the iPad and how to link it to my network to work with the AS hardware?
Old 01-28-2019, 10:44 AM
Avid

https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient...leDet?ID=31371 but I wouldn't bother. Look for intermittent cables, bad network switch/router etc.

Do you have the setting on the iPad Control App Tracks Break on Color on ?
Old 01-28-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
https://service.uoregon.edu/TDClient...leDet?ID=31371 but I wouldn't bother. Look for intermittent cables, bad network switch/router etc.

Do you have the setting on the iPad Control App Tracks Break on Color on ?
I don't know what that means. All of the infrastructure is essentially new. I've got a TP Link 16 channel router that is less than a year old with all new ethernet cables that are all working just fine. The iPad is a 2nd Gen with iOS 12.1.3 with 256gb with the PT Control App being the ONLY APP I put on it. The only wire running from the iPad is the power cable. It's got a solid Wifi connection (showing maximum strength).

I know NOTHING about Apple Products. What is "Control App Tracks Break on Color?" Where do I look for that information?
Old 01-28-2019, 11:13 AM
Avid

Try page 17 of the User Guide....http://resources.avid.com/SupportFil...uide_v18.3.pdf
Old 01-28-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Oh, now I see what you mean. No, I don't have the tracks grouped in colors on the iPad. I never got to set that up. AS SOON AS I TOUCH THE TRACKS BUTTON ON THE iPad, EUCON CRASHES! So, all of my tracks are showing up numerically regardless of color on that page on the iPad. IF we ever get this settled, I would like to know how to set that up so that it breaks the tracks into color groups.