Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 10-01-2008, 08:29 PM

Default PT Crashes when loading Session

I've been having a new problem loading sessions after I've started to mix them. These are the same sessions that have loaded up countless times over the last 2 months. Some already with a decent amount of Plug-ins.

But for some reason now after I've worked on mixing the songs THEY WON'T OPEN UP.
PT crashes at the end of the loading process.. around the 'overviews'.

I've been able to get into the session by moving all plug-ins to the Unused folder. So mabye that hints at the problem but I'm not sure. And right now I'm dead in the water.

Any Ideas!?!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 AM

Default Re: PT Crashes when loading Session

Are you sure all of your plugins are valid and compatible? Most times when sessions won't open (as you have found out), it's because you are using an invalid or incompatible version of a plugin.

If you could post the list of your plugins using the Tech Support Utility (as described in the General Troubleshooting post) it would be much easier to say for sure if that is indeed your problem.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 10-10-2008, 10:18 AM

Is your playback engine set to use ONE processor? If you have it set to TWO (or more) sessions will not open up correctly sometimes because of plug ins. If that's the case, open a blank new session, change the settings to use ONE processor, close the session, then try to open whatever session you're having issues with.
If that solves your problem, after you open the session, you can set the playback engine back to TWO (or more) processors if you'd like. Just make sure you change it back to ONE before you close it.
If that's not your issue, then it's most likely a plug in thing like spkguitar said.
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
10 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 PM

I was having a similar problem a while back, but it happened before I got to the mix.

My problem was solved when someone on this forum aptly pointed out that I wasn't using Sturcture the way it should be used. I was using several instances as plugins each in their own tracks, as opposed to one instance in an aux with sends from each track going to it. Duh!!! Once I got this straightend out, it's been working rock solid (I'm touching wood) :)