Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2016, 04:57 PM

Default New iLok 3 [solved]

Wasn't Sure if Anyone is having this issue. But I just Bought a Brand New iLok 3 From Guitar Center. Am Trying to Register it.. But wont let me.. or should I say this new system of iLok License Manager Doesn't seem to give me that option. iLok is an Extremely Difficult Company to get a hold of. Anyone here have any pointers??

Thank you in Advance!

Last edited by pcru; 12-19-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:20 PM

Default Re: New iLok 3

Possibly a guitar center return that has been used by somebody else. Send it back. (and I'd suggest you shop anywhere else that GC).
Old 12-19-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcru View Post
... I just Bought a Brand New iLok 3 From Guitar Center. Am Trying to Register it.. But wont let me.. or should I say this new system of iLok License Manager Doesn't seem to give me that option...
Welcome to the community.

I see an iLok3 registered to the iLok account in your screenshot a few hours after you posted this. (I generally would recommend not posting your account name in public though.)

As Darryl pointed out, the most common cause of this is where someone bought it, registered it, then returned it and it was resold.

If you can't solve this please contact Avid CS directly to provide all of your info.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:43 PM

The whole thing smells fishy to me.. Also I noticed you just joined the DUC and this is like your first post? Hmm. Always buy direct from either iLok and avoid false economy. Use a credible vendor like Sweetwater. I avoid Guitar Center for the most part. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 12-19-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
The whole thing smells fishy to me.. Also I noticed you just joined the DUC and this is like your first post? Hmm. Always buy direct from either iLok and avoid false economy. Use a credible vendor like Sweetwater. I avoid Guitar Center for the most part. G
Ah not so fast. There are a surprisingly high number of these problems being reported by people.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:34 PM

Thank you for the Responses!! Yes It was a Duplicate!! I went back and was able to return the iLok. Got another one and it works now. Thank you all for your responses!!
Old 12-19-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Welcome to the community.

I see an iLok3 registered to the iLok account in your screenshot a few hours after you posted this. (I generally would recommend not posting your account name in public though.)

If you can't solve this please contact Avid CS directly to provide all of your info.
Thank you for the Heads up!! Ironically. it was Brand New Never Opened Seal at all. But Again.. I did notice there was a dab of Glue in the Package so it may not have been as New as it Appeared.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
Appreciate the response. Im not new to Forums. I have been part of Quite a Few back in my Days. Usually I do Introduce myself. But I was in a bit of a Rush.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:50 PM

Default Re: New iLok 3 [solved]

Quote:
...I went back and was able to return the iLok. Got another one and it works now. Thank you all for your responses!!
Quote:
...I did notice there was a dab of Glue in the Package so it may not have been as New as it Appeared.
Have helped with a few of these over the years, the vast majority are definitely 'returned & resold' product but occasionally can be confusion caused by multiple iLok accounts. Glad to hear you solved it!