Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2017, 11:17 AM

Default write to commands often not working in preview when playing

This already happened with Eucon 3.5 occasionally. However it seems to be happening more frequently since 3.6:

in preview mode, automation often isn't written when I use the write to ... commands during playback. This is what happens when I do so:

- automation indicators in the edit/mix windows revert to their original state (i.e. not green), as if automation has been written (but it hasn't)
- faders (in trim mode) stay at their modified position (the value you want to write,e.g they do not return to 0 in trim mode)
- only when playback is stopped I can write the automation. Even when I stop playback and restart playback, I cannot write the automation during the second play pass.

when automating faders in trim mode, luckily you know the automation hasn't been written because the fader sticks instead of returning to 0. However plenty of other automation (pan, plug-ins, ...) got lost in the mean time.

So far I can't reproduce, it just happens a couple of times each day.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:17 AM

Default Re: write to commands often not working in preview when playing

just one thing I remember now: I was using VCA spill in single mode (using both nudge buttons as I don`t have a dock). I think this might have something to do with it, as it triggered similar issues before. (playback level being way too loud in preview mode, only returning to normal after exiting preview mode)