Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Default 11Prom - FCB1010 - Eleven Rack - DEMO

Here is a detailed video of the FCB1010 using the NEW 11Prom from EurekaSound!

Eleven Rack, FCB1010, and the 11Prom by EurekaSound (BETA)

http://www.eurekasound.com/

http://www.eurekasound.com/11prom.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE....... 3/12/11

NEW VIDEO

This video is about the 11Prom version 1.2 that is for sale NOW at

www.eurekasound.com

Eleven Rack and the 11PROM for the FCB1010 by Eureka Sound v1.2

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM

Default Re: 11Prom - FCB1010 - Eleven Rack - DEMO

Does this EPROM mean you can change preset rigs and once you are in a rig you can use it in effects mode and switch effects on or off?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Whoa! I really liked the way you used the graphic you created at the beginning of the vid.

Very well done .

But I have one question about the 11PROM. How on earth do you change patches when you are in EF mode?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatt View Post
Does this EPROM mean you can change preset rigs and once you are in a rig you can use it in effects mode and switch effects on or off?
Yes. In Preset mode you can choose your preset (same for Favorite Presets Mode) then hit the Down or Up pedal (depending on if you are in Pr or FP mode) and have access to all the effects. Effects mode is just one "click" away from each mode. Just install the 11Prom and go, no programming needed

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
Whoa! I really liked the way you used the graphic you created at the beginning of the vid.

Very well done .
Thanks dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
But I have one question about the 11PROM. How on earth do you change patches when you are in EF mode?
Right now you have to be in EF mode to turn on/off effects. However EF mode is just 1 click away from each of the other 2 modes, so its not difficult to get to.

I have already asked if another "hybrid" mode could be included. One where you could access both Presets and effects. Of course the FCB1010 is limited since it has only 10 buttons + the 2 up down, so it would not be possible (as far as I know) to include ALL the functions in one mode.

I've suggested to have a mode where you can control the main 4 effects (Dist, Mod, Delay, and Rev.) with 1-4, 6-9 control the Letter/Numer Bank. 5 is wah on/off, 10 is tuner bypass. Up down scrolls through banks. Which is "basiclly" the Uno chip with the 11R sysex file. But the problem is You are missing the ability to control FX1, FX2, FX-Loop, and you cant change from User to Factory banks in that mode or turn the Amp on/off

SO another suggestion would be to have 1-8 be 1.Dist, 2.mod, 3.delay, 4.rev, 5.Wah on/of 6.fx1, 7. fx 2, 8. FX-Loop.

Then 9 would change you back to normal effects mode. 10 is still tuner, and the Up and down scroll through the bank Numbers. So you see you are still giving up quiet a few options. Since you could not choose directly A1-4 you would have to make sure you load the correct rigs in order into the 11R, and you could not change banks (no A to B to C) Up Down would go in order, Start on A-1, press up, it goes to A-2. ect... Start on A-1 press down it goes to A-4. ect....

I have been torn on whether either of these is really needed, since EF mode is just one press away from PR and FP mode. But i have suggested it.

Of the above two options, what would be your choice? Or do you think there is a better way?

This is a good eprom, and have been told its not hard to revise eproms, so if in the future this was added to 11Prom version 2, I "believe" you can trade in an older version of the 11Prom, and get a discount on the new version.

But you may find you dont even need that functionality. I've only been testing it for 2 days, so I was use to the Uno way, but the more I play with the 11Prom, the more I like the added functionality it has, and dont really miss being able to change Presets and some Effects in the same mode. It would be a good addition though, just so you have the option.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 AM

Hey benoni,

You bring up some cool options for them to think about, but I have a question for ya...how solid does the 11PROM seem so far? Is it pretty free of any bugs or glitches at this point? I ask because if it seems stable at this point, then it SHOULDN'T be too long before they release it to the public and we can all get our hands on it!

Crossing my fingers

Old 03-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
Hey benoni,

You bring up some cool options for them to think about, but I have a question for ya...how solid does the 11PROM seem so far? Is it pretty free of any bugs or glitches at this point? I ask because if it seems stable at this point, then it SHOULDN'T be too long before they release it to the public and we can all get our hands on it!

Crossing my fingers

The only thing I have seen was the +1 problem i mentioned in the video, and Dave from Eureka Sound told me about that before I even got the chip in the mail, and they have already fixed that problem.

I'm doing a long 4-5 hour straight test today, but expect no problems. For me its solid.

Yes I believe they are close to releasing it for sale. I believe its only $25 plus a few bucks for shipping.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 PM

11Prom is LIVE! go order yours now!

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:

SWEET!

I just ordered mine!

Thanks for the heads-up Benoni!

Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to track down an FCB1010 at the moment - I'm pretty much sold on the idea. And then I'll order one.

It's cheap and it works. It's just a pity they didn't have an option to move to different presets whilst using the FX.

But I suppose they did the best they could with the existing controller .

Thanks again Benoni.