Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 03:24 PM

Talking What surprised you about PT9

After a couple of days I've got PT9 up and running nicely the only problems I've had with the software have been 3rd party issues (FXpansion RTAS wrapper not working in W7 as it does in XP which good old REAPER cured)

Anyway's to cut a short story, long and this is directed more to LE and MP users as I'm not sure what upgrades HD users got, is...

What new feature has been the most helpful or surprising?

For me it is HFS+ support, I have a Windows desktop and a MBP and am about to go overseas (not jail for you Brits out there ) for a few weeks and being able to dump 50 gigs of PT data onto my Macs Glyph drive has been a time saver, I was unaware of the feature when I upgraded and finding these little things has put a smile on my face I must say.

So how do you eat yours?

Last edited by Gonk; 11-11-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-11-2010, 04:02 PM

Default Re: What surprised you about PT9

Being able to aux send directly to a track kind of stood out to me. Not the flashiest or most shouted about feature, but there it was.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 PM

The most surprising thing for me was how much more stable it is than 8.x(for me anyway). Now today got a tad weird after installing the newest Win7 drivers. Hopefully, tomorrow will go smoother. Another treat, I was able to correct latency with a hardware insert(1.35ms did it for a straight path out and back).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-11-2010, 05:30 PM

I come across little things every now and then such as naming conventions and such, that were never a big deal to anyone, but nice to have 'touched-up" anyways..

PT9 is more stable and just flows better than anything in 8 ever did for me..

Now if the 004 would come out and be as feature packed.. I only want 16 in of my own mic pres at 96k.. I'm not asking for the farm here folks.

If worse comes to worse I will just flounder myself into an HD system this year.. Depends on where they take it.

Oh, track and region folders wouls be a nice update too.. (that satisfies my monthly request)
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!