Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-07-2003, 04:05 PM

Default ASIO Routing

This might be one of those questions that so obvious no one's had to ask it b/c I can't find anything written on it. I'm kinda losing my mind over it though, so if someone has a quick answer I'd appreciate it. Anyway, how exactly does one go about routing when using the Digidesign ASIO driver? I'm just trying to run the output from Acid into LE. I've selected the Digidesign ASIO driver in Acid, but when I try to open LE, it gives error 1133 and says the 001 is in use by another program. I don't see an option on to release the Digi diver in Acid, but I have the problem elsewhere too. I haven't been able to stream from anything into Digi yet. If someone has a quick tutorial on routing ASIO, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: ASIO Routing

Short answer - can't be done.

ASIO (Audio Streaming Input / Output) is a steinberg protocol for providing low latency access to hardware interfaces. The digidesign ASIO driver is provided to allow you to use ASIO compatible applications with your digidesign hardware. It doesn't allow you to route third party applications into protools. The ASIO driver requires exclusive access to the hardware.

Sounds like you are getting confused with ReWire which allows you to route, in software rewire slave applications such as reason into rewire host applcations like ProTools.

Cheers,
Marcus
Old 09-07-2003, 06:51 PM

You dont actually open le you just access the 001 asio driver in acid and you should hear it out of the digi outputs.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:49 PM

Thanks. I thought a friend used the ASIO function on M-Audio card to stream from one app to another, so I thought DIGI 001 would do the same. But if I can use 001 interface for all progs, that's a plus.