Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2020, 01:33 PM

Default Catalog Feature Request: Export to New Folder

I mean gee how handy would it be if you could export a catalog to a new folder the way you can copy audio files over when doing "save copy in..."

Like if you've created a custom drum kit for a project out of a bunch of different samples or a SFX library, put them in catalog, then "Export Catalog..." copies all these randomly located files into one nice neat folder for use in other contexts.

Seriously how does one get a consulting job at Avid cuz I got ideas for DAYS
Old 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Catalog Feature Request: Export to New Folder

No need to apply for a consulting job for that, because that feature already exists.
You just drag the files in the Workspace Browser from a Catalog (pane on the right) to any folder in the Locations Pane (pane on the left).

I describe the procedure on page 1042 of my new book "Pro Tools 2020 - How it Works"

"Copy Files on the Drive: When you select a Catalog so its files are displayed in the Browser Pane, you can select those files and drag them onto any folder displayed in the Location Pane to copy (not move!) those files from their original location to that folder. This is a great method of consolidating files from various locations into one location."

Hope that helps,
http://DingDingMusic.com/
YouTube Channel Music Tech Explained https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Old 12-18-2020, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Catalog Feature Request: Export to New Folder

good tip!

but I'm suggesting a context menu item rather than navigating within the workspace