Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2014, 06:26 AM

Default Does this mean any app or just iTunes won't work with HD Native on Yosemite for 11.3?

Hi,

In the readme file for 11.3 there is a note that iTunes will not work with HD Native using CoreAudio Manager until there is a driver update. Does this mean that if I try to use Logic Pro or some other app with CoreAudio Manager/HD Native on Yosemite that it won't work either, or does this readme specifically (and only) warn about iTunes?
Thanks!
Tony

"On Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) only, iTunes does not work with HDX or HD|Native hardware using the AvidCoreAudio manager. (PTSW-194693)"
The Avid CoreAudio Manager is currently not compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and a driver update will be required.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Does this mean any app or just iTunes won't work with HD Native on Yosemite for 1

It specifically mentions iTunes, so no, I don't believe it is a common CoreAudio issue...
Old 12-20-2014, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Does this mean any app or just iTunes won't work with HD Native on Yosemite for 1

Thank you, that's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% sure.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:58 AM

I'm not 100% sure either, because I have my hands full with unanswered messages. Can't test right now. But my educated guess would be the issue is with iTunes specifically.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:59 PM

Anybody test other apps w/coreaudio?

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 Junipers View Post
Anybody test other apps w/coreaudio?

Thanks!
I find that sometimes I play You tube clips and the sound comes from my mac onboard speaker instead of from my MBox 3 pro / monitors

This NEVER happened before if My MBox3 pro was switched on .

Note' previously - I didnt even have to have the Mbox turned on during the Mac startup . Even if the mbox 3 pro was turned off (meaning no monitor playback) the instant I turned on the MBox 3 - playback resumed to my monitor speakers (away from the onboard mac speaker)

Now ..., whenever this happens , I have to restart my Mac to make the monitors work again

For pro Tools use, I will always boot up with Mbox pro turn on beforehand ..., but when not using protools I always like to be using my monitor speakers / via the MBox 3 Pro interface for everyday use ..., and if you heard the crappy inbuilt onboard speaker in the new mac Pro , you would understand why .
Old 01-22-2015, 11:10 AM

My initial instinct was correct, the HD drivers with core audio do not work on Yosemite. Protools runs with HD Native, but if you try to use anything else with core audio (iTunes, Native Instruments, Logic Pro) don't work and the apps need to be forced quit when starting.

If I remove the core audio plugin, per the workaround from Native Instruments then those apps startup and function, but I have no access to my HD Native setup.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykitowicz View Post
My initial instinct was correct, the HD drivers with core audio do not work on Yosemite. Protools runs with HD Native, but if you try to use anything else with core audio (iTunes, Native Instruments, Logic Pro) don't work and the apps need to be forced quit when starting.

If I remove the core audio plugin, per the workaround from Native Instruments then those apps startup and function, but I have no access to my HD Native setup.
Cubase 8 works....
Old 04-28-2015, 03:45 PM

Just finding out about this problem. Another thing to add to the pro tools absurd way of working.

I sure will be changing DAW.

Such a shame.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykitowicz View Post
Hi,

In the readme file for 11.3 there is a note that iTunes will not work with HD Native using CoreAudio Manager until there is a driver update. Does this mean that if I try to use Logic Pro or some other app with CoreAudio Manager/HD Native on Yosemite that it won't work either, or does this readme specifically (and only) warn about iTunes?
Thanks!
Tony
You have described two very different situations. CoreAudio works fine with Logic & Cubase. On Mac, when listening to YouTube - iTunes thru Pro Tools, it has always been simplest to connect Computer - Audio Interface, with SP/dif:)

http://www.mmvstudios.com