How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Default Procedure to transfer D-Show file to console

Hi guys,

I have a dsh show file that was sent to me. This file was also sent to a company whom I think just loaded it straight onto a Profile console -- the result was that the plugins didn't load.
So I want to establish the correct procedure for loading a dsh file that has been sent. And for it to have all the specified plugins prior to loading onto a Profile console.
What I have done so far is download the D-Show software and loaded up the file, which also loads up the file's plugins.
From here, If I save the file does it grab the plugins and give me a file that I can transfer to a flash drive? But I can't see how I can do this.
Am I on the right track here? Am I correct in assuming that the plugins aren't loaded onto the console until I grab them from say, the software?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Procedure to transfer D-Show file to console

You have to install plug ins separately. You will need to get a list of the plug ins and install the ones that you do not have already loaded into the desk.

I have all of my installers on a thumb drive with my show files to keep everything together and make it easier for myself.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystere1 View Post
You have to install plug ins separately. You will need to get a list of the plug ins and install the ones that you do not have already loaded into the desk.

I have all of my installers on a thumb drive with my show files to keep everything together and make it easier for myself.

Ok, I load the file onto the D-show software and its plugins come up. I need to know how to save them to a flash drive. There's 'save' and 'transfer' and I've messsed around in there. Can you explain exactly how to do this?
And Ultimately do I end up with two files?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM

The best way to back up the console, from what I understand would be to follow these directions.

Insert Thumb Drive. Then, navigate to:

Filing > Transfer

Click on the USB Drive in the drop down on the right side of the screen. In the middle, select "entire console" or something along those lines; it will be the option that is on top of the three. Then click the button on the right underneath the tree, that has the arrow pointing to your thub drive. (It may say "sync" on it or something) This will copy the entire contents of your console, (show files, globally saved presets and plug-ins to the usb key.

Or...if you just want the plug-ins saved to the USB key, Follow the above instructions, but only select "Plug-Ins" from the tree.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |