Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Dual monitor vs single monitor setup

Ok, so I hook up a second LCD monitor to have a dual monitor setup, and I move my Mix window over to the second monitor. Now, when I click on a plugin on my Mix window (2nd monitor), the plugin pops up on my Edit window on my first monitor...

Is there a way to have the plugins pop up on my Mix window/Second Monitor?

https://linktr.ee/sergius128
Old 01-17-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergius View Post
Ok, so I hook up a second LCD monitor to have a dual monitor setup, and I move my Mix window over to the second monitor. Now, when I click on a plugin on my Mix window (2nd monitor), the plugin pops up on my Edit window on my first monitor...

Is there a way to have the plugins pop up on my Mix window/Second Monitor?
That's a strange one. But try this, open the session up and move the mix and edit windows to each corisponding side you chose, Save, and close session.
Open back up and that might fix it. If it didn't, then do the same thing but then quite pt, trash your digi pref and open your session again and see if that fixed it.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Musikk View Post
Hi, I'm new to PT. I have Dual monitor and a little question. Is there a way to "floate" the Mix Window? so I can view it over both screens if i want, or must I have PT over 2 screens to manage this?
I have the same question. I've tried about every monitor configuration I could and still have not figured out a way (on a PC) to have the mix window in one and the edit in the other. I'm sure people must be doing this. It was easy when I used to have a mac, but not so juch on my Dell. Surprise Surpise! n Any help out there?

Ted Brooks
Old 03-17-2014, 01:24 PM

With plugins, they will open on whatever screen the last plugin was on(so drag any plugin to where you want it, and others will open in that spot).

Regarding multiple screens on PC, start with PT on the main screen(or any screen) but NOT maximized. Now drag the edges of the parent window(main window) to fill all of your screens(or at least the 2 where you want to place MIX and EDIT windows). Now drag the MIX window to the screen you want it on, and drag the edges to fill that screen. Repeat for the EDIT window. Close by using the Alt-F4 command and save. Now, PT SHOULD open in that config. This works great here with a 32"(EDIT window), a 23"(MIX window) and a 24" for plugins, transport, cpu usage meter, etc). My main PT window is set to fill the 32" and 23" only. Note that for me, both the MIX and EDIT screens are at 1920x1080. Using mis-matched resolution may cause you a bit of hassle, but it should still work.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave