Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Default Re: could not save as because volume not found(-35)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyBass View Post
Just this session? All sessions? Have you tried copying the session to another drive and launching from there? Bad drive?
Created new session, and import session data from that offending session?
Tried disconnecting all the other, non-essential drives? SB
Thanks for those tips, I'll go through those when it comes up again next. I did try copying the session to another drive first, opened it there and I got the same message. Lots of other tips there so thanks. I guess they are obvious but sometimes in a panic its hard to see clearly all the options you've suggested.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:12 PM

I just came home after experiencing the exact same thing. It was the first time I've had a problem of this scale with Pro Tools, and it freaked me out!

Since I still had the clients in the studio and we where about to close shop for the day, I didn't want to alarm them. "Hey guys - you know all that stuff we worked on all day? We might have to re-do it all again tomorrow..."
Not very Pro.

Anyways - I did manage to consolidate and export(!) all tracks, even though some of them would NOT export at first, showing a similar error. When I re-consolidated them it worked.

For me it was this one session. It actually started with Pro Tools mysteriously removing a region from the session. After we re-recorded the bass it got REALLY weird and in the end I got the exact same error.

I just updated (naughty me) to 10.6.6 and 9.0.1
Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 PM

I just had this problem and fixed it without consolidating or repairing disk permissions.

- Go to the 'Project' window.

- It should open up on the project you are currently using. (You will see your .ptf session file and its associated 'Audio Files' folder).

- Open the 'Audio Files' folder.

- Find the file it says it cannot locate and delete it from the 'Audio Files' folder of your session.

- In this case it will be named 'trance_01.L.wav'.

- You should be able to save your session now.

I think the problem stems from PT improperly importing audio files, which is a pain and needs to be fixed!!

***OBVIOUSLY - make sure you have a backup of the file you are deleting from the folder*****

Last edited by hugh1097; 01-11-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Extra information added
Old 03-18-2014, 05:44 PM

hugh1097's steps worked, although all of my audio and fade files were OK. None were missing or "not found."

PTLE 8.03 + Mountain Lion

I was getting weird "Unable to end of file because Volume blah blah disc allocation" or "Unable to 504 because similar".

I opened Window>Project and closed it, then saved successfully.

This is the kind of sporadic bug that will only be found by a programmer using diagnostic tools, if at all.

This is wishful thinking from 2011 in this thread:
Quote:
I'm sure Avid will fix it as soon as they can, if we can find a way to make it reproducible.