Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2015, 07:24 AM

Default Audio/Video Sync for Film

I am def a newbie when it comes to sound design for film.
First off my experiences with Pro Tools comes from the musician side of things so no post/mastering experience at all.

I am trying to figure out how to get a feature Film project into Pro Tools and matching the original Broadcast WAV files from a Sound Devices 744T with the proxies rendered out of REDCINE-X.
The audio was synced and linked in REDCINE and then exported out as QT h.24.
Ive had no major issues getting the video part back to the original 4K RED files but the audio has been quite an adventure for me.
The rough cut was done in Premiere and I got all the files in (I flattened the video part as one single clip) via AAF into Pro Tools.
This is where I get lost.
I can do a visual sync using the waveforms but were talking over 500 clips and a mess of an audio edit by the editor.

Is there any tips anyone can throw in?
I am welcome to any help on this.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Audio/Video Sync for Film

You may look in the Ref Guide, chapter "Field Recorder Workflows". That is HD only.
Basically : if the AAF contains the audio (of the Mix track) of the SD 744, one can match those with the Iso tracks of the 744. Metadata must have been preserved.

Otherwise, software like Synchro Arts Titan could help.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 09-27-2015, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Audio/Video Sync for Film

Thanks joachim for the tip.

I will give that a look as well as that app.

Again thanks!