Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2015, 11:31 PM

Default Re: I want a control surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Hopefully Presonus has learned from their mistakes. Their StudioLive series wasn't exactly robust; I have yet to see one in the wild that still has all channels working.

I doubt one of the AI boards will fulfill your control surface needs, because you probably want touch sensitivity. That's where the A&H QU series falls short, too. At this point, it's worth it to just buy an old 02Rv96 or DM2000. If you can find your way around the archaic OS on those and get it working with PT, they're pretty great.

Christopher, is that your rig with the BAS 20/20 and the M1 Active? And an Akai S9000? Wow, bringing it back to the old skool.
Hehe Yes we have a lot of old outboards spread out in the rooms and they do get used actually Especially the Studio Electronics SE-1 which you can see in the picture. It's like a mini moog in a rack.

The monitors in there are scrapped a long time ago, that was just a temp setup while we were building and renovating the studio rooms. I think the 20/20 speakers are here in the storage somewhere but the smaller crappy ones I threw out a few years ago. We had them put up for listening how the mixes would sound on a bad laptop speaker but those sound worse than our Macbook Pro's speaker set LOL. And the Akai is actually a 3200 which we do use sometimes even today.

Remember that picture was taken during renovations about 4-5 years ago and thrown up just to be able to keep writing hehe

YYR123 : we need controllers in the other rooms where we Dont have a SSL desk

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-19-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Remember that picture was taken during renovations about 4-5 years ago and thrown up just to be able to keep writing hehe
Only 5 years ago? That's impressive, you've built on some major success since then. BTW I am still using the pair of Event TR8 (they were one step down from the 2020) that I bought 14 years ago. They're not transparent, but I know them really well.

Do you still have that Akai? Our old samplers seem to increase in value as time goes on. I think my VariOS and all the expansion packs on ZIP disk probably sell for more than I paid when they were new.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Only 5 years ago? That's impressive, you've built on some major success since then. BTW I am still using the pair of Event TR8 (they were one step down from the 2020) that I bought 14 years ago. They're not transparent, but I know them really well.

Do you still have that Akai? Our old samplers seem to increase in value as time goes on. I think my VariOS and all the expansion packs on ZIP disk probably sell for more than I paid when they were new.
Still have all the oldies like Jupiter 8 / Prophet 5 V3 / Akai S-3200 XL / S-6000 / Mirage / EPS 16+ / Korg Mono/Poly / Quasimidi Raven / Roland SH-101 / Roland SH-201 / Roland SH-2000 / Yamaha DX7-2 / Prophet 4 / Juno 106 / Juno 6 / Juno 2 / Nord Lead 2 and 3 / Korg SV-1 73 / Rhodes 73 MK1 / EMU racks / Yamaha TG-500 / Roland 5080 / Roland D50 / Casio CZ5000 / CZ-101 /Crumar DS-2 / Siel Cruise / Korg MS 20 / Roland JD800 / Korg MS2000 and a few more in the studio. I forgot some I am sure but the newer synths are not worth mentioning in this list.

Been collecting analog stuff for 20 yrs, I was like 10 when I started and same for my brothers as we have a pretty impressive synth room now

And i think I have been unclear regarding the wording :

The picture was for the Pro Control room ONLY as we had not set up all the goodies we still have today when the pix was taken. We had the D-Control ES 32 and 2 X HD3 TDM systems and lots of other nicies back then but those were in other rooms we were renovating so the Pro Control setup was just put up to use it while our recording room and control room were covered in sheets and what not to protect from getting paint and dust while isolating and treating the rooms

Sorry for the confusion and we basically had the same things we have today back then except for the Apollo units, Artist Series units and the HDX2 system we use today.

Love the old analog synths and tack effects

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————