Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 08:13 PM

Default missing audio files are actually not missing

Often when I open a session now in 7.2, when it reports missing audio files, i choose manual relinking, and when the relink window opens, the files are all there. I choose "find links" and it grabs them instantly. the point is, why does the session say they are missing when they are sitting there in the relink window, complete with waveforms, before I tell it to search?

a little scary in this era of corruption.

www.tompaul.com
Old 12-22-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: missing audio files are actually not missing

Are you using v7.2cs1 or cs2?
Old 12-22-2006, 09:15 PM

cs2

www.tompaul.com
Old 12-24-2006, 02:25 PM

I had this problem... I got a bunch of WAVE files from a client that were printed in Logic.. and every time i booted my session it would always not find these particular files.. (also the Time stamps would not work...)
the rest were fine.. I also noticed that after each time i manually re-linked them the date modified would be updated... I even saved as copy (WAVE) with audio and PT still wouldn't find them...
So I discovered that if I saved as Copy with audio and changed to AIFF then saved as with audio again back to Wave.. PT could now find them every time... and all was good from then on....
Obviously there was something in those Wave files... some reasource that PT could not repair.. yet at the same time it did not recognise the problem as being a problem...

Oh YA.. I was using 7.2 latest G5 Quad PCI-e HD 10.4.8.. and updated to 7.3 just to see if it would help.. But the update had no effect

Hope this Helps .. Cheers Tom...