Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Scorch Forum Home Page

Forum Terms of Use

Scorch for iPad Support FAQ

Avid Scorch

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Avid Scorch (iOS) Forum

Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 PM

Default Filing system ?

How do I organize my lead sheets into separate files in the scorch app in my ipad ? I transcribe the tunes I need to play into sebelius lead sheets. I ported the lead sheets into scorch for my ipad. But I want to organize them into files so I can keep track of the different bands I play in. I also would like to organize lead sheets into a set list file for particular gigs.

thanks, Bob
Old 11-19-2011, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Filing system ?

So... due to the lack of response I am to assume that the scorch ipad app is just another novelty app that lets you buy things. Without a functional indexing and filing system it is not a useful tool for an actual working musician. Pretty disappointing. Sibelius is such a well made and powerful tool I thought that the scorch app might have some basic professional uses.

Those big book like icons for each piece of music alone make it ridiculous to catalog a set of music. I often transcribe 30 to 60 songs a week. It would be impossible to find them on stage when the singer calls something different. Right now I have about 400 tunes I would like to transfer into my ipad. There is no way scorch could handle it as far as I can tell.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the slow response. That's a feature that has certainly been requested a few times; it's on our wish list and we're hoping to include it in a future update.

One way around this could be to use another tool like DropBox to organise all your files; then you can open them from DropBox. DropBox even has a handy search function, so this could make light work of your numerous scores.

Let me know what you think.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM

I couldn't agree with Bob more. It seems a simple thing to be able to organize the scores into folders, and the app is useless to a working musician without it. The last thing I want is for everyone with paper charts waiting for me on stage to find the next tune. The work around using dropbox sounds like a pain. I've had the iPad since Christmas, and have been experimenting with using it on gigs and so far it's been more trouble than it is worth.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Hi both,

I've thought of another work around - which is to make use of the excellent search feature in Scorch. In a gig, one can simply launch scorch, start typing the first few letters of the next chart, and then open it.

For browsing, I think this might help: When looking at the initial scorch "bookshelf", you can change the view to be a more concise list, by tapping the button in the top right hand corner.

Of course, it would still be nice to be able to arrange your scores in folders, and as I mentioned previously, this is something on our wish list.

Let me know what you think.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 02-27-2012, 07:49 AM

Joe the problem for me is that since upgrading, the search function is no longer working properly. When I do a search and try to open the file I am looking for, Scorch always opens the first score in my library. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem still exists. Please fix this!!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Billunatic,

I'll get in touch with our development team to see if they can reproduce this behaviour, and see what can be done about it.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Billunatic,

I heard back from the development team on this one, and it's an issue we're aware of. Apparently there is a fix in the pipeline, although I don't have an ETA at the moment.

Best wishes,

Joe
Old 02-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Sounds like avid - release it then work the kinks out later

I should charge Tapatalk 2 pennies every time this message comes up !!!
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Hi YYR123,

Sorry you're disappointed that this feature isn't included in the current version. Unfortunately, even given all the resources in the world there would be features that we miss, or that customers suggest post-release. We work as hard as we can to fulfil user requests; I know that the folders suggestion is on our wish list for a forthcoming update.

Best wishes,

Joe