Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 AM

Default latency correction

by the time i add a bunch of plugs to my tracks, things get delayed in varying amounts, destroying the groove of the song. when you hold command and click 2ce on the volume field, it will tell you how much delay there is on each track. what should i do next? how can i slide things back to where they should be? also, if i record a new track with this mess, how do i know "where" the new track is positioned in time relative to the other tracks? if you record while listening to delayed tracks, it compounds the problem. is it wise to shut off all plugs while recording to ensure you are playing to the correct click? is there another way, so that you can record while retaining the plugs so you can get a better vibe for the performance?)
this is where i really miss tape lol
thanks to the gurus...

HD3 ProTools 7.4.2
MacPro 10.5.4
2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Xeon
6 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Digi 192i/o