Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 AM

Default pro tools 7.4 open project and freeze

So this is the second time this has happened and I can't figure out why. When i open one of my projects (most recent saved version) it loads up but all the tracks are disabled and nothing happens. PT just freezes and i have to force quite. Now of course i can resort to my back files but it always seems to go back a couple of backup files (2 hours of mixing) before it works again.which is a drag and when i go to save it and re open it the same problem. It's extremely frustrating cause the only option that seems left is to start fresh with a clean session. I tried saving copy in. Is there any other way to kinda cleanse my session to restore it back to a working state Another problem that seems to be related is that it stalls on something like "reviewing project files" I'm not sure the right phrase it says but something on those lines. It's happened with the same project so i think it might be related. I can't get it to come up again so sorry for the lack of info.

I tried deleting the databases from the drives. Still having the issue. This happened on my other computer before too. I'm wondering if it's a plugin issue? Anyone having similar problems?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:00 AM

Default Re: pro tools 7.4 open project and freeze

Quote:
So this is the second time this has happened and I can't figure out why. When i open one of my projects (most recent saved version) it loads up but all the tracks are disabled and nothing happens. PT just freezes and i have to force quite. Now of course i can resort to my back files but it always seems to go back a couple of backup files (2 hours of mixing) before it works again.which is a drag and when i go to save it and re open it the same problem. It's extremely frustrating cause the only option that seems left is to start fresh with a clean session. I tried saving copy in. Is there any other way to kinda cleanse my session to restore it back to a working state Another problem that seems to be related is that it stalls on something like "reviewing project files" I'm not sure the right phrase it says but something on those lines. It's happened with the same project so i think it might be related. I can't get it to come up again so sorry for the lack of info.

I tried deleting the databases from the drives. Still having the issue. This happened on my other computer before too. I'm wondering if it's a plugin issue? Anyone having similar problems?
The only plug in I've had probs with in pro-tools is my NI Kore, when jumping through different presets when it's playing notation sometimes it makes a horrible digital feedback noise and crashes my system whilst completely freezing ! Also when jumping through Reaktor patches it makes a horrible glitch noise as well.

You've tried copy in, have you tried save as ?

also try opening a fresh clean session and importing session data from your old session, i had a weird prob on a HD system once when the session would load up and did import sesh data and everything worked fine after that !

Save it instantly if it works
Old 05-21-2008, 10:40 AM

i'm using just waves for mixing really. Yeah i'll try opening a new session and do i just drag and drop the old version into it? Otherwise i guess i have to start clean. Didn't really like where the mixing was going anyway. I just want to find a solution for future purposes. I didn't list all my info cause it just feels like a software issue rather than something conflicting with the hardware. Other than that it runs smooth.

I guess i could try and save the last backup session that worked and delete all the plugins and save and see if that still opens if so then i'll just go back and delete all the plugins but one at a time until it fails again.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 AM

I was right! it was a plugin. I had a suspicion that it might be the reverb plugin from waves renmaxx bundle called Rverb cause that seemed to be the problem i had on the other project the did the same freeze thing when opening a saved session. I took the verb off or replaced with another one and that worked. Just wont use that verb i guess. Isn't that great of one anyway.