Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2017, 08:27 AM

Default Trouble with New SSD Internal PT11

I have a 2012 Mac Mini i5 with 16GM RAM - Over the Christmas break I copied my existing internal hard drive to my Lacie Rugged FW external. I then installed a new Crucial MX300 525GB SSD drive. My G-Force external thunderbolt drive has not been touched.
Since installed VI's will not load. Just the spinning wheel of death. What I am have done: Clean uninstall of Pro Tools 11 and reinstalled. Uninstalled VI's and reinstalled. Repaired permissions.

I don't know what else to do.

The issue seems to be really severe with Superior Drummer 3. It will not load now at all. The other VI's take about 10 min. Something is not right.

Thanks.
OS - Yosemite
Monitors - Yamaha HS8
Old 12-30-2017, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Trouble with New SSD Internal PT11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultzee13 View Post
I have a 2012 Mac Mini i5 with 16GM RAM - Over the Christmas break I copied my existing internal hard drive to my Lacie Rugged FW external. I then installed a new Crucial MX300 525GB SSD drive. My G-Force external thunderbolt drive has not been touched.
Since installed VI's will not load. Just the spinning wheel of death. What I am have done: Clean uninstall of Pro Tools 11 and reinstalled. Uninstalled VI's and reinstalled. Repaired permissions.

I don't know what else to do.

The issue seems to be really severe with Superior Drummer 3. It will not load now at all. The other VI's take about 10 min. Something is not right.

Thanks.
Did you get all the connectors connected? From what I've seen putting an ssd into a Mini is a complete teardown of the computer. How did you get OSX on the ssd - clean install of that or what? Please tell us you didn't use Migration Assassin for that. I know you said you did clean install of PT and plugins but no word on how you got Yosemite on there.

Also remember that PT10 is non-functional for the most part in anything past OSX 10.9.5. There's the blank insert menus and other crud to deal with. Heck you can't even install PT10 on Yosemite unless you use a third party program to help out. All your vi's and programs installed to the ssd?

Also how did you copy the old system drive to the external drive - a cloning program like Carbon Copy Cloner or such? Time Machine isn't really up to the task for this.

QAPLA!