Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 AM

Default Control 24 - alternate to monitoring section

so i recently discovered how poor the monitor section is on this. AFter about 30 minutes, i lose tone out of my left monitor, sounding like it's phasing. turning it on and off fixes it but it's become a real nuisance.

So i'm looking for options. I interfacing PT9 through an Aurora going into the board. I'm eyeballing a D-box but i'm more of a composer/producer than an engineer, though i do have to do rough mixes from time to time so i'm trying to avoid super high end expensive stuff, tempting as it is. i'm looking for other means.

I've already looked into a central station and a mackie but i'm not liking the reviews. Any other ideas out there?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Control 24 - alternate to monitoring section

Who gave a poor review to the Central Station? The beauty of it is that the signal path is all passive with zero coloration. I've been happy with mine for several years now. The only caveat is the headphone outputs seem to be polarity reversed from the mains. That came into play when combining the headphone feed to my headphone amp, with direct feeds from my interface. If I turned up, say the lead vocal while the vocalist had the main mix going(and wanted "more me", the vocal would phase cancel. Special cables solved it. As much as I like the Dangerous stuff, the CS works just fine IMHO(and is much more cost effective). I feed mine with both analog and digital from my interface, the optical output from my computer(for all non-PT sound) and I even have a feed from the headphone out of my Motif es8 so I can listen to the keyboard without PT(or even the computer). I even had a CD player available(ran out of rack space and removed it).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-04-2011, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Control 24 - alternate to monitoring section

I figured it out. It was my patch panel.