Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 09:33 PM

Default Multiple Controller Configuration?

Alright you MIDI master junkies!

I've got a MotorMix, Kurzweil PC2X, and MPC 2000XL that I would like to have as controllers (if possible.) I like using the MPC for drums (because of the pads) and I like to use the PC2X for piano, strings, etc. I've got a rack full of gear that I would like to control at times with either (drum modules for the MPC and other synth modules with the PC2X). And then there's the MotorMix for the Digi. I get confused because there is only one in and out on both the Digi and the Motormix, no thru. Right now, I've got all of my rack modules coming out of a MidiMan 3x8, with the MPC and PC2X going in. I've also got a MidiMan 1x4 that I am trying to configure with this setup.

I was thinking about reversing the 1x4, by sending the MotorMix, MPC and PC2X into the one Digi port and coming out into? possibly going into the 3x8 as another controller? do I need to connect the MPC, MotorMix and PC2X to the outs of the 3x8? Where does the loop occur? Should there be a loop? Could this be a possible configuration? Anyone have a setup similar to this? What are your suggestions? Help!!!

Thanks in advance...

Russ
Old 07-26-2002, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Multiple Controller Configuration?

BTW, I'm a PC user... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2002, 02:03 AM

If only the Digidesign Midi I/O were here.
[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2002, 05:39 AM

You should be able to make the midi out act as a midi thru in the midi options on protools. I'm having a little trouble with midi myself, but hopefully that will help some.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:08 AM

I simplified everything and bought a MidiMan 8x8/s and everything works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Russ
Old 08-05-2002, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by iplaykeys:
I simplified everything and bought a MidiMan 8x8/s and everything works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Russ
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Russ,

I see that you have the Midisport 8x8/S and that it works perfectly for you. Mine dosen't. I just posted this. Can you help?
Thanks, Ted

"Could someone please provide me with detailed instructions on how to connect the MidiSport 8x8 to a system using the Digi001 midi interface w/ Pro Tools LE v. 5.3.1, on Win XP, and 3 different sound modules? I have the Midi OUT from my keyboard controller connected to the Midi IN on the Digi001 and the Midi OUT from the Digi001 to Midi Input #8 (on the front panel)of the Midisport 8x8. Outputs 1,2 & 3 from the Midisport are connected to the Inputs of the 3 sound modules.
In the Midisport control panel I have the boxes checked at INPUT 8 and OUTPUTS 1,2 &3. In the Pro Tools LE software I have set, among others, the Midi track INPUT to "ALL", and have tried the OUTPUTS at different settings as well, all without success. I have tried the Midisport mode setting at USB and PC. The drivers are MS8x8_4115 (the latest for XP)and are loaded in the "USB" and "Sound and Video controller" devices in Device Manager. At one point I had the "record enabled" track live with a signal and the 3 sound modules with blinking Midi lights recognizing data being received from the keyboard, but haven't been able to duplicate it since. (XP crashed when the Midisport was switched from USB to PC)
Anyone with any ideas?
Thanks, Ted<"

--------------------