Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Default HELP!!! \"neo assertion\" error kills saving, empties session!

QUICK SOMEBODY HELP!

i'm helping a friend out with some post-production on his film. i'm working on sound effects today, and when i hit save, i get an error message:

Could not complete your request because Neo Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_cliff/AlturaPorts/SDKx/Neo61/Libraries/Macintosh/Enviroments/Alone/../../../../Source/CNeoStreamable.cpp", line 2247.

i am unble to save or quit, so after force quitting and rebooting, i re-open the session and it's ENTIRELY BLANK!

please digi, anybody, tell me what the @#$% is going on!!!

Old 05-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Avid

Default Re: HELP!!! \"neo assertion\" error kills saving, empties session!

Please start by trashing preference and database files, which should clear up the problem.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: HELP!!! \"neo assertion\" error kills saving, empties session!

okay, i was so mad that this happened i had to go take a 10 mile bike ride.

first, thank you for that. i did what you said and it seems to be okay. i had to reconstruct the session from a backup and lost a few minutes work, but it seems nothing worse.

the other drag is that now i have to reset ALL my preferences, etc.

can you please explain to me why this happens and how? it seems like a bug. no other program i use suddenly freaks out, loses ALL my work, and makes me go in a delete a whole bunch of files on my own because it can't get it together.

if it's all about Digibase, then why can't i turn off the buggy p.o.s. so it doesn't happen again? i don't use it or need it.