Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Default mbox hardware not connected error

could someone please help me, i have read through several forums but havent seemed to have a straight answer, i originally had the mbox mini and was running it on a del inspiron 9300, it worked great for a while, then i started having all sorts of problems, so to fix the problems i descided to upgrade to the mbox2 pro bundle pac. it has been shaky from the start, i was getting alot of errors saying my internal clock source is not correct, then it would not register my hardware after a while. i went through about 3 firewire cables, then i heard that pc's arent good for recording, go with a mac. i also thought my firewire port on my laptop was bad, so then i got the new imac thinking this would solve everything. i installed protools but its still not connecting the hardware. i have a brand new computer. if it worked before why would i need to download drivers, i will not have the internet until jan 12. so i cant do anything like that till then anyways, and if there is a warranty on my mbox and hopefully if there is i would think it would only be good for a year. and my year is up on jan 10. i dont know what to do. im ready to record and i cant. sorry this is so long but i cant seem to get anybody when i call digi.