Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 03-25-2013, 06:51 AM

Default Re: How to Connect Digi003R to VRM Box

Yeah, I liked it for the :30 seconds it worked correctly. Hoping Focusrite Tech Support can help today - what a pain it's been. Perhaps it's the box itself, maybe it's defective. I've not been able to find anyone who is having the same issues.

Mac Studio M1 Max, Focusrite Clarett2Pre, Sennheiser 416, sometimes Beta Tester for iZotope
Old 03-28-2013, 02:17 PM

VRMBox issue has been resolved with Mac. Kat at Focusrite did some digging around and since others have had an issue, she asked it I would update to OS X 10.8.3 and try the new patch version 1.3b2 and try to use it again with the Digi003R. FIXED - works as intended now.

ANOTHER ISSUE I'm having is that whenever S/PDIF is connected I get a ground loop buzz in my Main Outs. I tried connecting my Main Outs via another wall plug and still have it. My set up is: Digi003R Main Outs to Yamaha HS50Ms. then S/PDIF Cable Out to VRM Box and VRM Box to Mac via USB. (Power to all but HS50Ms is going through a RackRider Power Conditioner). Makes no difference if I power the Main Out monitors through the conditioner...still buzz)

Anyone have some words of wisdom for me?

Mac Studio M1 Max, Focusrite Clarett2Pre, Sennheiser 416, sometimes Beta Tester for iZotope
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM

Hey

This VRM box is Really turning us off and thank God we saw this before we bought one to our pre room here. Looked around and we got a PreSonus Monitor Station instead as we have a friends studio in the next room over and they had the VRM and the same crap you have issues with so after seeing their extreme frustration we jumped ship and so did they. Its a Dud and never more the cheapest route as it usually comes with a lot lf swearing and throwing stuff so Thank You for posting and saving us a 100 bux that went to some way better gear that worked efter 1 min of connecting :)
Really hope you get yours sorted out but don't bet the farm on it working as you want it to. You are the second person out of 2 we know who has one and have given up on it.
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-29-2013, 06:29 AM

Hi Chris - yeah it's been a struggle for sure and it seems like it doesn't have to be. Another thing that seems strange is that, even the "professional studio" emulation sounds like it was done in a non-accoustically treated room...far more "live" than I would like. The premise of the box seems great, but just not sure they deliver!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian in Charlotte View Post
Hi Chris - yeah it's been a struggle for sure and it seems like it doesn't have to be. Another thing that seems strange is that, even the "professional studio" emulation sounds like it was done in a non-accoustically treated room...far more "live" than I would like. The premise of the box seems great, but just not sure they deliver!
Hi Brian

Agree 100% and it sounds wayyy too much reverb-ie for our needs and I am really sorry it has been such hassle for you with the VRM but hopefully you either get it working or get another box that "works" out the box

I will keep hoping you get your system working really quickly and don't have to struggle with something you paid for and should work straight away..

Thank you again for posting this issue as it saved us a lot of headache and probaly others aswell! Really hope for the best in your case.

Happy Easter and take care 'til next time :)
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————