Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2002, 12:20 AM

Default How to expedite PTle>TDM transfer?

Having done some pre-production at home for a :30 national TV spot, I put it on a CD and took it downtown today to a swanky TDM room for completion. No problem importing the tracks, but after the engineer reset the I/O in his template for the tracks I imported, he was then faced with having to reset the I/O for the remaining 20 or so tracks in his template even tho nothing had been imported to them. Most tedious was getting the drums back the way he was accustomed to having them. Ten loudly ticking minutes later, we rocked. Question is: Is there a way to import tracks from PTle to TDM without trashing someone's template beyond the number of tracks you actually import? How about if I kept templates for various TDM rooms so I could actually do my pre-pro on the template of the studio I'm headed for? Ten minutes can be a long time, especially when the ticking clock is being drowned out by your player and client friends happily wearing you out for being a show stopper!