Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 AM

Default Re: PT9 Import Session Data crash

Hi,

All i'm importing is the audio tracks and regions!! no i/o or anything else and its crashing!!!

at the moment i can find no way to import all the tracks from my recording sessions into my mix session

I guess somehow i'll find a workaround but this is a real PITA

And again!!! where were the beta testers on this

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/h4rrmh

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 PM

In case this helps others -

FAILED (unexpected quit) on:
- import tracks with all settings (same failure, on "updating IO setup")
- import tracks with only these enabled: [regions and media, volume automation, plug-in assignments, plug-in automation]

SUCCESS on:
- import tracks with only [Regions and Media] selected.
(all checkboxes unchecked on the ISD dialog)

-jeremiah
Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahmoore View Post
In case this helps others -

SUCCESS on:
- import tracks with only [Regions and Media] selected.
(all checkboxes unchecked on the ISD dialog)

-jeremiah
Hi,

Not here!! just importing regions and media only and it would crash every-time! Ideally i need to import regions / media and plugins+settings!

My mixing template is quite large and has a complex i/o setting all in place! and the i/o setup is completely different from my tracking i/o setup so i cannot import the i/o setting from the mix session.

So i'll be waiting for this and the few broken plugins to be fixed before attempting to go back to 9

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Not here!! just importing regions and media only and it would crash every-time! Ideally i need to import regions / media and plugins+settings!

My mixing template is quite large and has a complex i/o setting all in place! and the i/o setup is completely different from my tracking i/o setup so i cannot import the i/o setting from the mix session.

So i'll be waiting for this and the few broken plugins to be fixed before attempting to go back to 9

Chris
Same results here: importing just regions will not work for me.
For those keeping score, I need more than a work-around for this one too. I rely on every aspect of ISD and will be waiting for a recognized fix.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Per usual: Sounds like keeping your systems bootable back into a stable (PT8 in this case) system is the way to go.

(FWIW, Personally, I maintain four boot drives at all times. One is my current working system, one is the last stable "legacy" system, all intact. The remaining two are clones of the first, cloned weekly by automated Carbon Copy Cloner script. Drives are cheap; cloning takes place overnight so doesn't cost me time; uptime = daily bread. Don't mess around with your daily bread.)

I was happy to get my work done last night, losing maybe a half hour to this bug. (would've been more if not for this thread, thanks DUC people!)

-jeremiah
Old 01-06-2011, 10:05 AM

So I've read the update notes for Pro Tools 9.0.1 [385471] and I can not find any mention of the Import Session Data issue nor a fix for it. Can anyone confirm that this issue has been ignored and the bug still exists? Or was the fix overlooked when the release notes were being written?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly915 View Post
So I've read the update notes for Pro Tools 9.0.1 [385471] and I can not find any mention of the Import Session Data issue nor a fix for it. Can anyone confirm that this issue has been ignored and the bug still exists? Or was the fix overlooked when the release notes were being written?
Hi,

Definitely nothing in the notes as it was the first thing i looked for.

BUT i just used import session data to import regions and midi map only and it worked ok!

But this was importing from a song that was from a PT9 session, previously i was importing session from PT8. plus the template i was importing into was made in PT9.

Can't tell you if its definitely fixed! but did work as i described above!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Thanks crizdee. If I sent you a 8.0.3 session file (no audio), do you think you could give it a try for me?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly915 View Post
Thanks crizdee. If I sent you a 8.0.3 session file (no audio), do you think you could give it a try for me?
Hi,

Yes, but not sure that would exhibit the problem! i can give it a go and see what happens!

chris (at) ukmastering .com

Chris

Producer, Engineer,

www.ukmastering.com

Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Well, I've taken the time to download the 9.0.1 full installer and I've found that this bug still exists in ProTools 9.0.1

Funny. You'd think that Avid would fix a repeatable crash bug that was found and reported within a week of the software release.
I'd really like to be able to use Pro Tools 9. Please Avid?