Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Default Eleven rack expansion pack serial "already activated"

I used to have PT and ER installed on my windows pc.

Now, i recently bought a mac computer.

I was trying to instal ER expansion pack on my mac computer, when it tells me that the serial number is already activated, and it only can be use on 1 computer.

How can i install ER expansion pack on my mac?

thanks for your help guys,

if you need more info let me know, but I know I do not have any software related issues.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack expansion pack serial "already activated"

You dont need to.

Just run the first section of the ERXP that inserts the UI files, then delete the Firmware updater that gets placed on your desktop.

The Firmware Updater, once run, is locked to the Computer/OS it was run on. However, this is NOT a problem since you only need to update the firmware one time. Once the firmware is updated, there is no reason to run it again. The firmware updater does not update anything on the computer, it only installs the new amps, effects, cabs, mics, into the 11R itself, and you should already have those items.

So you are fine. Open up PT and all will be well.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 AM

Hey benoni,

you are right, thanks for the quick answer,

it's working just fine,

sorry for my late response,

topic solved
Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 AM

Before I install this on my Macbook Air, are you sure this only works on one computer? If so I am waiting till I get my iMac for recording.
Violin, Viola, Mandolin, Guitar, Bass, Cittern, Bouzouki, & Keys. Diamond, Strymon, Neunaber Technology, Lovepedal, Paul C., Boomerang, Sonic Research, Boss, DTS, Radial, EHX, TC Electronic, Xotic, Tech 21, and Damage Control Pedals.
Eleven Rack
Old 12-04-2011, 09:57 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco

Only the actual firmware updater (that updates the 11R unit itself) can only run on one computer. Keep in mind, you only need to do this once.

The other part, which updates the 11R UI in Pro Tools can be ran as many time as you want, on any computer that has Pro Tools installed on it.

Pro Tools can also be installed on as many computers as you'd like. PT9-10 will use an iLok for authorization. PT8 will use the 11R or any Digi interface as the dongle.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack
Old 12-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricfiddle View Post
Before I install this on my Macbook Air, are you sure this only works on one computer? If so I am waiting till I get my iMac for recording.
What are you talking about installing? If you purchased the new 11R bundle the ERXP is already pre-installed on the unit.

This thread was about when you could only get the ERXP by download and then install it on your computer in order to update the firmware.

You are fine. As said, PT can be installed on as many PC's as you wish.

If the PC you are working at does not have the UI files for the 11R window in PT then just run the first section of the ERXP. You can download the ERXP here:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=425171

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-04-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
What are you talking about installing? If you purchased the new 11R bundle the ERXP is already pre-installed on the unit.

This thread was about when you could only get the ERXP by download and then install it on your computer in order to update the firmware.

You are fine. As said, PT can be installed on as many PC's as you wish.

If the PC you are working at does not have the UI files for the 11R window in PT then just run the first section of the ERXP. You can download the ERXP here:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=425171

Great! :) What about being as I have a Macbook Air with no CD-rom... Can I at least plug it in to edit patches? Or do I need to get a CD-rom drive to install the drivers? They should be available online right?
Violin, Viola, Mandolin, Guitar, Bass, Cittern, Bouzouki, & Keys. Diamond, Strymon, Neunaber Technology, Lovepedal, Paul C., Boomerang, Sonic Research, Boss, DTS, Radial, EHX, TC Electronic, Xotic, Tech 21, and Damage Control Pedals.
Eleven Rack
Old 12-04-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Great! :) What about being as I have a Macbook Air with no CD-rom... Can I at least plug it in to edit patches? Or do I need to get a CD-rom drive to install the drivers? They should be available online right?
Have you installed Pro Tools yet? As the Eleven Rack Editor window is currently only available when PT is open.

With PT 8.x.x and below, the drivers are installed automatically.

However, I assume that you have the new bundle with PT9 or PT10 in which case you can download the drivers for the Eleven Rack and other interfaces here:

Driver Downloads and Updates for Pro Tools and Standalone

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-04-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Have you installed Pro Tools yet? As the Eleven Rack Editor window is currently only available when PT is open.

With PT 8.x.x and below, the drivers are installed automatically.

However, I assume that you have the new bundle with PT9 or PT10 in which case you can download the drivers for the Eleven Rack and other interfaces here:

Driver Downloads and Updates for Pro Tools and Standalone
I have not installed PT10 yet, I guess that is the next step, and me not having a CD-rom is my problem... Gotta get a drive. :)
Eleven Rack
Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I have not installed PT10 yet, I guess that is the next step, and me not having a CD-rom is my problem... Gotta get a drive. :)
PT came on a DVD? I thought the new bundles just included Activation cards that you would register on Avid.com and then a PT download would be placed in your Avid account and the license would be placed in your iLok account.

Be sure to create an iLok account by the way, and DO NOT forget the name!

If PT did come on a DVD you can take it to another computer and make an ISO image then place that on a thumb drive or portable HDD and then transfer that to your Air and run it. Or just make it easy and get a $30 USB DVD/CD drive, its always good to have one of these around anyway.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio