Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2019, 07:01 AM

Default Re: 3rd Party Graphical EQ for Mix Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I think the op is asking about eq's that work with PT's EQ display in the mix window.
exactly, it was a nice feature in Logic that I got used to it so get a quick glance of the mix, but I am glad Pro Tools opened it up to 3rd party developers.

I have plenty of waves, izotope and a bunch of others EQs, but the fab filter does have great features that most waves eqs don't have, while also not having the cpu hit izotope stuff has. Fabfilter L2 is my most used limiter by far so I am going to stick with their Q3 EQ, got a decent discount for it

cheers
Old 03-06-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
You might want to check out this one from Tokyo Dawn it has a free version and a paid version

https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/
that looks nice, but does it work with the small EQ preview mix window on pro tools? I saw people put in the comments that it has a high cpu hit and that the side chain doesn't work.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuffer View Post
that looks nice, but does it work with the small EQ preview mix window on pro tools? I saw people put in the comments that it has a high cpu hit and that the side chain doesn't work.
Ah Yes, your right I really have not used the EQ curve feature in the mix window. but just tried the Nova and it does not work ... I wonder if that is because it is also a multiband compressor and it seems to only show up under Dynamics in my plugin list ?
I have not tried side chain .... BUT I am only showing 25 samples delay (not sure if that equals CPU or not ) but for example Waves Linear Phase Broadband EQ shows 5360 and it does not show in the curve window either

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 03-06-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Ah Yes, your right I really have not used the EQ curve feature in the mix window. but just tried the Nova and it does not work ... I wonder if that is because it is also a multiband compressor and it seems to only show up under Dynamics in my plugin list ?
I have not tried side chain .... BUT I am only showing 25 samples delay (not sure if that equals CPU or not ) but for example Waves Linear Phase Broadband EQ shows 5360 and it does not show in the curve window either
use the option to load an eq on all channels on a finished session and see which plugin uses less cpu after playback