Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2014, 09:12 AM

Default Pro Tools 8HD won't connect with Control 24

Hi

I've just got the studio and fired everything up and my Control 24 won't work. I just keep getting a message from Pro Tools saying:

'Pro Tools can not communicate with Ethernet unit "CNTRL|24". Please power cycle the units and check connections. If units are connected, communication will resume automatically.'

I have turned everything on and off and restarted several times to no avail, I was using the Control 24 yesterday with no problems as I have done since I bought the unit, so I don't know what has happened.

It has had a power supply issue over the past couple of weeks and it has taken 5-10 mins to power up each day but despite that it has been working fine, it just wont connect to PT for some reason

If anyone can offer any advice on how to solve this it would be much appreciated as I really need to get it back online.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8HD won't connect with Control 24

Does the utility mode work? Vegas mode?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_ow View Post
Hi

I've just got the studio and fired everything up and my Control 24 won't work. I just keep getting a message from Pro Tools saying:

'Pro Tools can not communicate with Ethernet unit "CNTRL|24". Please power cycle the units and check connections. If units are connected, communication will resume automatically.'

I have turned everything on and off and restarted several times to no avail, I was using the Control 24 yesterday with no problems as I have done since I bought the unit, so I don't know what has happened.

It has had a power supply issue over the past couple of weeks and it has taken 5-10 mins to power up each day but despite that it has been working fine, it just wont connect to PT for some reason

If anyone can offer any advice on how to solve this it would be much appreciated as I really need to get it back online.
Hi,

Try turning the mac on without the control 24 connected, then turn off again, then try connecting the control 24 and powering up the mac.

or try re-setting the Pram on the mac (Google search Pram)

Is the ethernet lights on the back of the control 24 both lit... one orange and one green. when connected to the mac and both turned on?

have you reset the control 24

run the pro tools installer again to re-fresh the driver bundle. this won't remove or effect your sessions in any way it will just replace the PT files.

chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:57 AM

Thanks for the quick replies, all fixed!

I turned everything off reconnected and powered up all my PT hardware along with Avids guide lines and then reselected the Control 24 in the peripherals and everything seems to be working again.