How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Default Re: PT10 - at least one that's not angry

@25ghost

And what about people - like me - that have buyed an HD3 Accel + HD OMNI for post production *THIS august*, spending 12,000 € ?

Surely i will not upgrade because i - now - do not need those extra features, but what's about the future? My plugins (TDM) will be no longer updated... if there is a bug on - let's say - waves L2, they will fix obviously *only* AAX version.... due the TDM will be discontinued......

And i've spent 12k € 3 months ago to have an OBSOLETE system.... ?!

Or should i pay another 6k € to "trade in" (how they call it) my HD3 rig and get *ANOTHER* interface I/O that i do *not* need?

Cheers
Old 10-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marietto81cs View Post
@25ghost

And what about people - like me - that have buyed an HD3 Accel + HD OMNI for post production *THIS august*, spending 12,000 € ?

Surely i will not upgrade because i - now - do not need those extra features, but what's about the future? My plugins (TDM) will be no longer updated... if there is a bug on - let's say - waves L2, they will fix obviously *only* AAX version.... due the TDM will be discontinued......

And i've spent 12k € 3 months ago to have an OBSOLETE system.... ?!

Or should i pay another 6k € to "trade in" (how they call it) my HD3 rig and get *ANOTHER* interface I/O that i do *not* need?

Cheers
I understand where you're coming from and what you mean...

I too have an HD3... It IS an amazing system. At home I run PT10 HD under Core Audio, on a Nehalem 16 Core Mac... I can easily mix a 60+ track session with LOTS of plugs at home... H**** I have even brought home our largest project to this date and it ran without quirks on my Home system.

I like updating and upgrading etc... But if at one point I cannot update my main Studio HD System (OS X) bacase this or that.. I won't hesitate to make a FREEZE all updates on that system....

Look.... If you have a perfectly running system... LOCK IT DOWN... Update Wise... Download all the current plugs you need and all apps.. Back them up to a DVD and make a full BU of your current system...

For all I care, now you can make music on THAT system for the rest of your life....
The only sting in your side will be YOUR lust of updating and upgrading to the latest greatest.

Embrace your current HD3 system... And love it NOT less just because it is now NOT current no more...

I promise you that MILLIONS and BILLIONS of USD has been made on such systems... And so can you...
So --- forget about the future of soft-hardware and focus on YOUR future with your current blazing system
Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 PM

I am perfectly *according* to your words, man... trust me. But for 3 months ... only 3 months... after all money i have spent... my rage is that i have *already* an obsolete system... i've a philosophy: when you make a buy you must buy the best on the market for that category. And so i did... but after 3 months this was already obsolete... if this would be happened after 1 year or 2 it would be ok... but not after 3 months!

At least they should include a "trade in" for GREY INTERFACES owners...... + HDTDM rig.... and not only for blues I/O + HD TDM.

This, at least, should be implemented....

IMHO