Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2008, 09:46 AM

Default TL Space - no Impulse Response library "installer" / can't install

I was installing PT and Music Production Toolkit for a friend with a Digi003 and the MPT software package just comes with one DVD now (when I bought it years ago, it had about eight or so CDs). Anyway, the DVD has the TL Space installer AND a folder with all the Impulse Responses, but there is no installer in the impulse folder and the regular installer just installs the engine and some basic reverbs.

How do I install the library (the manual is unhelpful because it says to insert the CD/DVD, find the installer -- which doesn't exist -- and double click).

Any tips for getting the library installed other than bringing my disc over which DOES have an installer for the library?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 AM

Default Re: TL Space - no Impulse Response library "installer" / can't install

Copy them to Mac HD->Library->Application Support->Trillium Lane->TL Space->Impulse Responses.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
Copy them to Mac HD->Library->Application Support->Trillium Lane->TL Space->Impulse Responses.
I did that but they show up as empty folders inside the TL Space plug-in inside Pro Tools. I also tried installing them from the edit list inside the actual plug-in but it makes me do them one at a time... arrrrg.

The files in the IR library (which are not "installed") are .tls files and the few basic ones that installed with the engine are .wav files. Somehow, it seems, they need an actual IR Library "installer" file to do the installing(?) The only installer on the TL Space DVD is the engine installer.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:35 PM

I just copied mine in, no installer, no problems.

You should be able to import them via TL Space's interface, that's how you add new ones if you download any extras etc.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
I just copied mine in, no installer, no problems.

You should be able to import them via TL Space's interface, that's how you add new ones if you download any extras etc.
I did that but they show up as empty folders in the plug in interface... I can install them one by one, but that's a pain in the arse. I'll have to snoop around some more. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
I did that but they show up as empty folders in the plug in interface... I can install them one by one, but that's a pain in the arse. I'll have to snoop around some more. Thanks for your help.
I just recently got the MPT myself, and as I recall, I had to load them all one by one. I know, a big pain in the ass, but it's what worked for me at least.
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate
Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM

Yeah, maybe that's what I did do the first time. When I upgraded my system I copied over all files related to TL Space and don't remember having to do it again, so maybe it's a one-time thing, assuming you backup all those other Application Support files when you move systems?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Avid

I think what you want is the section in the manual (TL Labs Pluig-Ins Guide) on page 99 that explains how to install IR Packages.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 PM

So is it true that you have to install the IRs one by one?

I installed MPT2 and found the folder "TL Space IR Library"

I've read about 10 different threads and it seems this is the only way..???
Old 03-22-2010, 08:07 AM

though this thread is done and dusted i thought I would just give an answer to the questions.

you do have to install all the extra impulses the first time, though if you keep a copy of the presets at mac hd>library>app support>trillium lane>tl space you can just copy it right back there and they will load perfectly.