Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Still Waiting and getting very angry!!!

Well ive had my 002r for about a month and abit now.. i was peed off with the fact that i got the 6.4 version of protools than the 6.7! so anyways i filled out all my registration forms and the forms for me to recieve the free 6.7update and sent them on the day i got my 002r.

well 3 weeks while waiting i decided to email digidesign and ask them whats going on, i was reminded by digi that i have to be patient as it takes 3-4weeks(usually sooner)..and they also told me they sent the update cd on April 12th..

well its now 9th of may So its been almost a month, and i still dont have my update CD? this is really poor service i think, i have no biffs with digi there products are great and i love protools but i paid alot of money to get there system and NOT TO MENTION THE AMOUNT I PAID FOR THE STICKER FOR THE KEYBOARD and now they cant even give me an update? all i wanna do is get this update, surely they can just even give me a CDKEY soi can download 6.9..saves them postage costs and people waiting soo long just send an email to them with the CD Key!

anyways as you can tell im a lil peed that im still waiting! can anyone else tell me how long it took them to recieve theirs? or if someone is waiting aslong as me!!
Old 05-08-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Still Waiting and getting very angry!!!

Have you tried contacting digi CS directly over the phone regarding your concerns? Most items shipped from digi arrive within 2 or 3 days...this increased timeline after the shipping date would have me concerned as well, but voicing that particular concern here probably isn't the most effective way of resolving this issue.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:21 PM

i would love to contact them via the phone but the problem is that im in Ausralia and overseas calls arent cheap here.. unless you can find me a number for me to contact in australia it would be good
Old 05-08-2005, 10:33 PM

Quote:
i would love to contact them via the phone but the problem is that im in Ausralia and overseas calls arent cheap here.. unless you can find me a number for me to contact in australia it would be good
I've had things stuck in customs for nearly a month even when using Global Priority.
And it was a simple Indie CD of my works to Canada, no less.

Chris is right, most things you buy from Digi or have repaired takes extreme priority with Digi.
Software tends to get a very close look by customs.

I agree that making 6.7 available for download would make a lot of sense though.

Have you tried to go back to shop who sold the unit to you and find out why they sold you old stock (if it wasn't mail order)?
Maybe they can open a box and give you the right disk out of another unit, even MBox.
I've been known to go a little postal when I feel I'm in the right.
Customers usually just calmly walk out the store before I'm done with them
{and I always get what I came to get, BTW)
DigiOO2 Factory
Old 05-09-2005, 02:51 PM

Meanwhile, load up 6.4, download the latest cs update and make some music. 1-The difference is not that big of a deal. 2-everthing you learn now transfers to 6.7 and 6.9. 3-everything you create now is 100% compatible. So dive in.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Administrator

AM STUDIOS:

We have no record of any product registration with your email address, or any emails sent to or from the main Customer Service Administration email database. Please contact CSA at [email protected] with all of your details including name, address, phone number, and where, when and how you sent in your 6.7 update reguest form, registration card, and receipt invoice.

The main CSA department can investigate and determine what the problem might be. We did run out of 6.7 updates while waiting for the new 6.9 updates to arrive to replace them, so that may be the problem. In any case, contacting that email address should get your registration and subsequent update resolved.