Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 07:41 PM

Default OT: CD Architect 5.0 not playing back audio

I'm having a problem getting CD Architect 5.0 to playback audio files. The rest of the program functions normally, but when you try to playback audio the error message " An error occurred while starting playback. The specified device is in use." pops up. CD Architect is the only program running. My Windows Sound Scheme is set to "No sounds".

I have an ASUS P4B533-E motherboard with integrated sound. My OS is Windows XP Pro. The onboard sound has never given me a problem with anything else. It plays audio for WinAmp, Media Player, all internet sites, and out of the CD-ROM drive.

In the CD Architect Preferences>Preview tab the default audio device and playback device are Microsoft Sound Mapper. The only other option is Windows Classic Wave Driver for the audio device, and Modem #0 Line Playback for the playback device. Oddly, choosing these options crashes the program.

In the Device Manager all of the Sound, Video and Game Controller components are installed and working correctly.

I'm not sure what to try here, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-James
Old 08-13-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: OT: CD Architect 5.0 not playing back audio

Hi,

In Start/ Control Panel/ Sound and Audio Devices/ Audio tab/ Audio Playback- set this to Digidesign outs

Then get Rail's MME Helper and install, and make sure CD Architect 5.0 exe is in the box.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Hi,

In Start/ Control Panel/ Sound and Audio Devices/ Audio tab/ Audio Playback- set this to Digidesign outs

Then get Rail's MME Helper and install, and make sure CD Architect 5.0 exe is in the box.
Keith...that is if he has the wavedriver installed .Wasn't mentioned above..

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 08-14-2004, 06:30 AM

Wavedriver is not installed. In fact, I can't remember why now, but I had to be careful not to install it or my 001 wouldn't work either. I really want to get CD Architect to play through my onboard sound card like it is supposed to. Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:45 AM

Make sure that no other program is keeping a lock on the playback driver.Look in all their options and make sure that if they have the option to "release Hardware when not in use'it is selected.

You really might want to consider installing the Wavedriver and using your 001 as the soundcard.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:49 AM

Yea, Fruityloops will keep hold of the driver unless you deselect that option.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:13 PM

OK, I fixed it. It's kind of a hollow victory because I'm still not sure exactly what the problem was, but at least it's working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio hardware and the default audio device is now C-Media Wave Device. Everything works normally now. Thanks for everyone's help.

-James
Old 08-15-2004, 01:47 PM

Mines works great..........The only problem I have is that sometime CD Arch and/or Sound Forge will not playback 48k/24bit wav audio files........bounced from PT???

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE