Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Stand Alone Editor - It's NAMM or NEVER

$50 for just a standalone editor? Sorry, i can't get on board of that. A Standalone Editor should be a free upgrade. Now if there was a Standalone Editor that included the ability to load at least 6 IR's into the 11R, then $50 would be an OK price.

If Avid ever allows IR's to be loaded into the Eleven Rack it will breath a whole new life into the unit.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-22-2012, 05:37 PM

We should of corse get a free stand alone editor from Avid.

What I ment, was that if one here on the forum would/could make it, I would pay 50$.

Me too thought that in these day and age that a stand alone editor was mandatory (didn't even thinking about it).
But then again, I bought my first 11R when searching for a solution/soundcard for learning Pro Tools, besides being a good audio interface for my home studio.
But my DAW of choice is Nuendo, and I really hate not being able to use the editor along side that.

One 11R has ended up in my studio as a stand alone guitar amp (the other soon to follow). I've installed PT8LE on a six year old laptop just to use it as my 11R Editor solution (costs more than 50 $).

When returning to my Cubase/Nuendo DAW (from PT) at home, I may buy a Line6 HD Pro for my guitar/interface purpose.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
One 11R has ended up in my studio as a stand alone guitar amp (the other soon to follow). I've installed PT8LE on a six year old laptop just to use it as my 11R Editor solution (costs more than 50 $).
I'm struggling with this too. I'm annoyed enough that I'm looking at other options so as to not have to keep an old laptop around to edit and load presets instead of doing it on OS X Lion. A stand alone editor would be a smart gesture of good will that would endear a lot of current users to Avid. As it is, $500 for an upgrade is incredibly short sited.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:11 PM

...online magazine calls new bundle a "face-slapping new deal"

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...ge=16&#gallery

Whose hand is doing the slapping?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post

I don't know who's hand is doing the slapping, but I know who's hand is jerking us off!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post

If you were buying today and wanted the full version of ProTools, it would be a great deal - until the next upgrade cycle, that is.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:00 AM

What if someone thinks/says:
Eleven Rack seems great, but I don't need Pro Tools. I need a stand alone editor instead.
Well, I go for either AxeFX or maybe an Pod HD Pro. Sorry Avid!

If you need/want PT 10, the new deal is of corse a good one.
But I use Nuendo in my studio, Cubase or Nuendo at home. On occasion PT8 LE (that came with the 11R).

Avid really need to see the Eleven Rack and its competition from "the guitar processor point of view" IMHO.
A Stand Alone Editor is needed ASAP.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:56 AM

Any ideas on what exactly "FULL" version means and what is "new" about this deal? AVID is selling the 11R bundle with PT 10 for a while now.

PT 9 (LE) is missing some useful features for mixing like volume trim and VCA groups which are included in PT 9 HD. In order to get your hands on those features you have to buy the Complete Production Toolkit, priced at 1.300 Euro.

Does "FULL version of Pro Tools 10 for the same $899 price tag" mean that late adopters will get those functions for free? Is this the "new deal for 2012"???
Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf_T View Post
Any ideas on what exactly "FULL" version means and what is "new" about this deal? AVID is selling the 11R bundle with PT 10 for a while now.

PT 9 (LE) is missing some useful features for mixing like volume trim and VCA groups which are included in PT 9 HD. In order to get your hands on those features you have to buy the Complete Production Toolkit, priced at 1.300 Euro.

Does "FULL version of Pro Tools 10 for the same $899 price tag" mean that late adopters will get those functions for free? Is this the "new deal for 2012"???
you will not get vca's, trim, and other hd-Cmptk features. Just means you wil be getting the regular PT version and not the SE version of pro tools which is the stripped down limited version.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
What if someone thinks/says:
Eleven Rack seems great, but I don't need Pro Tools. I need a stand alone editor instead.
Well, I go for either AxeFX or maybe an Pod HD Pro. Sorry Avid!

If you need/want PT 10, the new deal is of corse a good one.
But I use Nuendo in my studio, Cubase or Nuendo at home. On occasion PT8 LE (that came with the 11R).

Avid really need to see the Eleven Rack and its competition from "the guitar processor point of view" IMHO.
A Stand Alone Editor is needed ASAP.
I do find these statements interesting at times when for the price of the axe fx, you could buy 2 new 11r's and still have enough for a 3rd used one, or could buy an 11r and a new computer.

The new option that is going to be the price of the axe fx is the Kemper profiling amp. After messing w it a few days ago, I have a feeling it will eat up a lot of the axe fx market!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10