How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Trim Coalesce - how to do it from the surface

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to coalesce trim automation from the surface without having to go to the menu on the screen. It's great that the 'trim' light blinks to show that there is trim automation somewhere - now I'm hoping that a combination of modifier keys and a press of the global trim buttion will do coalesce said automation!

I've had a good look around, and can't find any mention of this anywhere - can anyone shed any light for me?

Many thanks,

Mat
Old 01-11-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Trim Coalesce - how to do it from the surface

yup: its under action (4nd page) Colesc TrmAtm... However, i've noticed on a few occasions where the button won't be lit up even though i have trim automation begging to be coalesced and the solution i've found is to hold down option and hit the button...
Old 01-11-2007, 08:15 AM

Thanks mate - hmmmm, it's not very easy to get to on the fly is it! I've tried 'option' and the button, but that puts all channels into trim mode... unless I'm missing something!

Mat
Old 01-11-2007, 08:31 AM

no, but you can add it to your user bank if that makes life easier... what i was saying is this: there appears to be a bug where sometimes, even though i have non-coalesced trim automation the ColescTrmAtm button isn't armed or lit... and the way that i've been able to get it to work is by holding option and hitting ColescTrmAtm... that doesn't change the automation status though on any of the faders...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Avid

To trim coalesce a track, you need to select the track with the Sel button. Then, the button will light up under action.

Gil
Old 01-11-2007, 09:08 AM

aha! cool... was wondering what was going on.... and option (obviously) will coalesce all... lovely...
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM

It took me a while to figure out that the 'trim coalesce' function only works if you have the tracks selected, so that makes sense about the 'action' button functionality... but it's a shame there isn't a quick and easy way of hitting the 'trim' button with some modifier keys. A product recquest perhaps?
Old 01-13-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to coalesce trim automation from the surface without having to go to the menu on the screen. It's great that the 'trim' light blinks to show that there is trim automation somewhere - now I'm hoping that a combination of modifier keys and a press of the global trim buttion will do coalesce said automation!

I've had a good look around, and can't find any mention of this anywhere - can anyone shed any light for me?

Many thanks,

Mat
Couldn't you double push (quickly) the "Do to All" (locks the "do to all" button on)button then toggle the state of one of the trim buttons in and out of trim? (provided the "coalesce trim when exiting trim" pref is set)? What I do on my D-Command.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:15 AM

Hi, I'm operating in 'coalesce manually' mode - I don't want ProTools coalescing for me!

It's a function on the big console I'm used to using, and I use it all the time. Basically, any fader that is in trim mode will coalesce when you hit the one 'trim coalesce' button, or if you hold down the 'all' button when you press the trim coalesce button it, not suprisingly, coalesces everything....

It would be great to have that functionality on the D-Command. Would it be possible to impliment a modifyer button plus 'trim' button in the 'auto mode' section to provide this functionality? Any thoughts Digi?

Mat