Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-23-2004, 08:25 PM

Default Re: And now it\'s time for your favorite TAKE-AWAY!

Quote;"BEAVER...I'm offended...nothing like beaver!"

There is nothing wrong with good Beaver every now and again,.......

I'm with Chris on the Boudin,cracklin's,and Gumbo..............Although i must admit Crawfish Pizza is a nice change of pace.

Good to see another Louisianian on the forum Chris,and your below the boudin curtain(I-10).I'm from the Lafayette area originally and live in the Big Sleazy at the moment.

Till next time Cheers

Old 03-23-2004, 08:50 PM

i was offered deep fried guinea pig in south america. wasn't too bad, a little like deep fried quail, although it took a bit for me to actually convince myself to eat it!

and my favorite take away (i must have too much time on my hands to be doing this!) is, well, there are many...

in Melbourne, kanpai japanese on chapel street in south yarra makes excellent unagi hand rolls, sushi/sashimi, tori karage and mixed teppanyaki. over in moonee ponds, daruma house does amazing miso soup, unagi don, spicy tuna hand rolls and, well, it's all good.

if it's after midnight, china bar in the city can't be beat for northern provincial chinese and a strage interpretation on thai food.

should i go through every city? why not! i love good food.

Sydney: Sumalee Thai at the Bank Hotel in Newtown and Sray Turkish Pizza (or Pide), also in Newtown. there's a really good thai place near 301 in alexandria...

Brisbane: The Valley Corner and Kim Lan do amazing Chinese/Vietnamese

Adelaide: It's gotta be italian. Scuzzi in Rundle Street and a place on Unley Road i can't remember the name of win hands down.

Perth: McDonalds. well, not really, i just like stirring people living in Perth

i know there's tons of food in New York but i loved this little soup kitchen on Spring St, about three blocks east of Broadway i think. the bean chilli fu***n rocks and it's only three bucks!

bored yet? i could go on in more detail for days. perhaps i should put down the tools and become a chef. or a travelling food critic. now there's a thought
Old 03-23-2004, 09:07 PM

man, guinea pig is actually quite good. i grew to like it when i was living down in Peru. you can buy it off the street on kebabs, man, i want some now. Is this thread designed to make us obese? because today i went to outback, the chinese place, and i couldnt find beaver, so i went to mcdonalds

-ev
Old 03-23-2004, 10:24 PM

Nutria are not rats, although commonly referred to as "nutra rats" by many "red-necks" and "coon-asses" that don't know any better...they just look like GIANT rats...and taste like chicken....really tender chicken...droool!!!

Bee-man,

Cool, I was born on the westbank and spent most of my childhood about a block from the fisher projects (yeah, not the best neighborhood, sort of the NOLA equivalent of Southside Chicago or NY's Bronx), lived out my teens in Lafayette, and now work as an engineer in BR. We've got the exact same towns, just a different order!
Old 03-24-2004, 06:56 AM

Chris,I was just funnin' with you Up here, we eat Prairie Oysters.I bet y'all don't know what they are.
Here's my favourite recipe:

Prairie Oysters

2 pounds calf testicles
2 cups beer
2 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup yellow cornmea1
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Vegetable oil
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

Old 03-24-2004, 07:15 AM

I wonder how many people reading this thread have vomited on their PT rigs in the process!
Old 03-24-2004, 07:49 AM

Chris...

my friends, it does take a real man to truly experiment previously unkown foreign delights.
But...for the faint hearted >>> pass the friggin bucket, and NOW !

enjoy,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-24-2004, 07:53 AM

Old 03-24-2004, 08:05 AM

reminds me of the 2 guys that went in a resturant and one ordered the pairie oyster special....his buddy said man that is gross how can you eat a cows balls.....gimme a cpl eggs over easy and some toast!

suddenly im rodney dangerfied working the blue room hehe...chas
Old 03-24-2004, 08:14 AM

Wait with the bucket.
The last protein consumed by men will be roaches.

Like some torture as spice?
See how many animals are being killed for out of hand eating purposes only within the USA. Between January 2003 and last Friday it were 31 393 551 721 ( means over 31 billions ).
By chance go into a sloughter house and watch how they are treated by unsupervised crowds of soul erased and sadistic fellows at the end of an already painful life, then go home fry yourself a big steak and enjoy your consciousness.

But keep the bucket near to the table, just in case.

Lalaman