Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Default Re: TransVST !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com
7 ways to host VST in PT's 11
That cannot be correct ...it's PT11 and Earlier they mean, there is no way to wrap a plugin in PT11 only via something like Vienna pro will work
Old 07-14-2013, 08:39 AM

This way works fine. I've been using it since the day PT11 was released.
It bridges 32 bit AU's and VST's and VST2 and VST3 and 64 bit AU's and VST's as well:

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...88381481237582
Old 08-14-2014, 06:02 PM

Anyone get this file before it got pulled from the site? Link?
Old 08-14-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithp View Post
Anyone get this file before it got pulled from the site? Link?
TransVST has been superseded by Blue Cat's MB-7 and PatchWork, and DDMF's Metaplugin.

Simon Morrison • Audio Architect • Mastering Engineer • Music Technologist
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | macOS 14.4.1
[ www.MorrisonStudios.com ]
Old 08-15-2014, 09:28 AM

i bought transvst and sell it now

bluecat and ddmf aren't wrappers but a host in a host. i dont like that i cant see which plugin is used on the insert.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
TransVST has been superseded by Blue Cat's MB-7 and PatchWork, and DDMF's Metaplugin.
I wouldn't say superseded more like driving on the Highway and coming to a detour and your GPS gives you another route to the same destination. It's just takes longer to get there. Avid being the detour. I can understand there decision to do so but after all the dust settles and Avid makes all there profit on the AAX platform I hope they will allow a VST to AAX2 wrapper in the future. It would be great to use the plugins that will never will be AAX2. I think having given TransVst more development along with Avid's help they would have made a stable product. Avid could develop something like this themselves, that way they can assure its stability and profit. They could add it as apart of the next and greatest Pro Tools version. Can you Imagine how many people would go for that? For those who can think of a thousand reason why this would be impossible, I can guarantee you that there is someone out there that can think of a thousand ways it can be done. Come on this is the age of the software programmers dream! They are finding all kind way to do things. If you can imagine it, (most things) it can be done.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I wouldn't say superseded more like driving on the Highway and coming to a detour and your GPS gives you another route to the same destination. It's just takes longer to get there. Avid being the detour. I can understand there decision to do so but after all the dust settles and Avid makes all there profit on the AAX platform I hope they will allow a VST to AAX2 wrapper in the future. It would be great to use the plugins that will never will be AAX2. I think having given TransVst more development along with Avid's help they would have made a stable product. Avid could develop something like this themselves, that way they can assure its stability and profit. They could add it as apart of the next and greatest Pro Tools version. Can you Imagine how many people would go for that? For those who can think of a thousand reason why this would be impossible, I can guarantee you that there is someone out there that can think of a thousand ways it can be done. Come on this is the age of the software programmers dream! They are finding all kind way to do things. If you can imagine it, (most things) it can be done.
Since the post guys don't need it, it probably ain't gonna happen...that's just the reality...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 08-18-2014, 01:20 PM

As someone who bought TransVST the moment it appeared I can assure you Blue Cat Patchwork is far more useful as Simon says. The new update with AU and Midi patching within the plug means you can do some great sequencing/creative patching - running VST arpeggiators, Thesys etc triggering softsynths, all playable from a standard instrument track in PT. And seems pretty stable

Transvst's only advantage was the plug appeared individually in the menu, but most of the plugs I used at the time slowly appeared as AAX. Plus it was pretty buggy to be honest. Love sugar bytes so don't really regret the 80 euros or whatever it was.

Metaplugin is cool as well, but latest Patchwork working best for my methods
Old 09-15-2014, 12:44 PM

I am not getting either the meta or the blue cat to load my old waves plugins in an aax wrap. Any thoughts?
Old 09-15-2014, 01:36 PM

update your waves wup

PT10HD5 PCIX in 64Bit Magma Chassis,
2x192io's + 2x96io's & Legacy io's
Pro Control & Fader Pack
UAD2 Quad, Octo & All Plugins
Black Lion Audio Modified MOTU 24io and 2408MK3 x2
TC Powercore PCI MK2 x2 & Firewire

Softube, Sonnox, Eventide, SSL, McDSP, Waves