Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 04-20-2020, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Eucon instability

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is a known problem we are trying to track down. I saw this myself a couple of months ago but now don't, so its really hard to find whats going on. We have beta testers sending us data so hopefully we can nail it.
Great! Thanks for being on top of it!
IMDB
LinkedIn
Old 04-21-2020, 12:20 PM

Rob, can you elaborate on which "extra features" you're referring to on the HD 10s? (I THINK I have them all off) could I be missing something hiding?
Old 04-21-2020, 12:23 PM

I am also having the "knob 4 and or 5 goes into write when switching layouts" on 2 S1s purchased from 2 different vendors...
Old 04-22-2020, 07:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by imixit View Post
I am also having the "knob 4 and or 5 goes into write when switching layouts" on 2 S1s purchased from 2 different vendors...
This is a hardware issue unfortunately, please contact Avid Customer Support to swap them out.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:52 PM
Avid

Anyone having the 4ish second delay to go into write can they check to see if transport commands are the same and then quit the control App and see i it goes away ?
Old 09-28-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avernon82 View Post
I've bought a new router, switched out the old iPad for a newer one, set all the tablets to static IPs, changed the channel for the router. How do I get this working??? Am I really the only one having these kinds of issues?
Avernon, did you ever get this fixed. I have pretty much the same setup as you. Nothing ever works right unless I use an iPad plugged in with lightning cable to USB port on my computer.

WiFi Fire HD 10 with S1s connected thru ethernet switch to computer Ethernet just does not ever work good enough to be efficient with getting work done......

It’s a shame because Avid lists the fire hd 10 as compatible and it’s waaaay cheaper than having an expensive iPad anchored to an S1.
Fire HD 10 usb-c 2019
iPad 6th Gen ios 12.4.1
2-S1's
Logic Pro X
Old 10-01-2020, 04:02 AM

Barranca, I got my system to work. But only by ring fencing the Avid Eucon components off from the rest of my network.

As I have a Mac Pro 5.1, I ran ethernet out of the second port (which you won't have on the iMac unfortunately) to a dedicated WiFi router. (The first port is still connected to my main internet facing network)

This Eucon-dedicated router has no external internet access, and is plugged ethernet into my Dock and S1 only.
Then the Wifi was set to a completely different ip range to my other WiFi network and the T5 and Amazon Fire HD 10 found and connected to it fine, once I had specifically got them to forget the main network logins. I do recall having to do something on one of the tablets - think it was the Fire - to enable higher IP range selection. That may require a quick google.

The other thing I had to do was remove Eucon from startup, as it was always getting messed up in the boot process at start of day. Now I manually boot Eucon, and it doesn't really matter if ProTools is on first or opened afterwards, it's generally always fine. Doubt that is relevant to your issue, but it's something that was still tripping things up after the above measures were in place.

I don't know how much of this is relatable to your setup, but it seems that the only real fix is to completely remove the Eucon elements from any other network. A dedicated router may be overkill, but it worked for me.

Good luck.