Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Samplerate conversion within PT?

I have a session coming up where the client has his PT LE session at 96k. I can only record at 48 in my studio. Is it possible to duplicate the basic tracks we need to listen to in PT in the main edit window, then, only convert them to 48 k (within the PT session file, leaving the original files at 96), track drums, then upsample the drums to 96 so he can take it and work on it at home? Make sense? I can do this in Digital Performer (my main app) and not leave the project I'm working in. Different sample rates can live together. They won't play at the same time ofcourse. It looks to me that he'll have to export things at 48, make a new session, etc, etc. Not very user friendly. If that's the case I might as well track in DP and export the tracks back out if that's what has to be done anyhow.

I see he can save a copy of the whole file in whatever format he wants. Was just trying to keep it in one file.

Thanks for any help.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Samplerate conversion within PT?

Use "Save Copy In..." in the File menu and select a new sample rate.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-10-2007, 08:30 AM

Thanks Rail. Yeah, I figured that one out. I guess my concern was, the client will want the drums back at the sample rate of 96. It looks like there will be some exporting involved in the end after we track, unless of course he just decides to keep his session at 48. Was hoping to keep things easy and also keep things all in the same project file. Oh well.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 AM

All you need to give him back are the drum tracks, which he can convert up to 96k, since he has the rest of the tracks there's no need to give him 48k versions. If you consolidate the tracks so they all have the same start point (bar 1 or bar zero for example) then it's very easy to import them into a different program, drop them into place and off you go!

Of course the even eaiser way is to talk him out of working at 96k all together, but that's a topic for another thread