Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-07-2004, 06:03 PM

Default pulling out my hair - MIDI record setup problem!

While trying to fix one problem, encountered another, which is more basic:

not picking up any activity on the track meter that is meant to record my external synth.

I have no idea what happened. I had gotten at least this far and was working on playback issues.

Anyone have a 1,2,3 diagnostic to nail down the issue?

I've been through the standard steps which earlier at least gave me a signal. No result. I've tried restarting the computer and opening new session. Nothing. Is it possible I've saved an instruction that is messing things up?

Ideas? Any help very appreciated.

j
- I'm using PT LE with M-Audio for MIDI to a Korg Karma synth
Old 09-08-2004, 12:35 AM

Default Feedback Loop Problem

Anyone with any experience recording multiple MIDI channels/tracks from a synth pattern to multiple tracks of PTools? Is there a quick piece of advice how to avoid feedback loops? This problem may be specific to the Korg Karma but any advice appreciated if you've been through this. Thanks, John
Old 09-08-2004, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Feedback Loop Problem

are you seeing activity on the MIDI interface when you hit a key?

likewise, can you send a test note from the apple midi setup application to the karma?