Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM

Default Softube PT11 release after summer

I reached out to Softube and their response was "We are developing the AAX x64 version and hope to have it ready after the summer."

They were so quick to get on the aax bandwagon for PT10 that I had higher hopes for PT11 but at least it's moving along.

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Softube PT11 release after summer

I really love Softube but we should set up an "AAX2 Developer wall of shame" thread for time windows of anything beyond September. lol

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 AM

That's a bit ridiculous. Converting to 64 bit is a no brainer. I guess they're too busy with their hardware thingy.

Interesting all these transitions from TDM to AAX-DSP to AAX DSP 64. I suddenly find myself discovering new plugins that I haven't looked at for a while and saying "wow, this is good. Where have you been hiding". Even Metric Halo took a back see and I'm suddenly finding great uses for it.

This goes for the stock Avid Channel Strip which I never opened!

Good thing I started spending on lots of hardware outboards as inserts to never be a victim of software updates. And with those plugs from Plugin Alliance, I've remixed some stuff and am very pleased with the results. I can wait...
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 AM

Yeah this has made me seriously look at plugs I never considered before, even some stock, and listening to mixes with them had me saying "so some plugs really WERE just half-marketing & half feature-duplication really..." I'd still love Waves to get it in gear though.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."
Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 AM

WOW..

After summer ... that's like 2-3 months from now or if they are counting "swedish summer" it is just a month max as summer here is july and august.

Still really lame that they are months away from this release with the AAX2.
What is it that is taking so long with some developers?

What can we do but wait..

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 PM

I bought 1/2 their product line partially because of their reported readiness for PT-11. I probably would not have had I known "after" the summer. What an irritation. I am pretty miffed at this, but what can I do?

My big three in terms of third party plug-in are:
Native Instruments (Komplete Ultimate 9 - including some co-branded efforts with Softube)
Softube (Let's see, 9 store titles or 15 plugs, depending on which you count)
Plug & Mix. (I jumped in on the big special they ran, but it's still 40 plugs in size.)
PTIEP/AIR-IEP - Everyone knows, strike, structure, etc

My free Blue Cat audio plugs installed and I think the EQ at least works. I have not done anything inside of 11 because my favorite toys - aside from selected stock plugs - are not ready.

10.3.6, though, has been one solid version so far. I got that going for me at least. :)
Old 06-26-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy View Post
That's a bit ridiculous. Converting to 64 bit is a no brainer. I guess they're too busy with their hardware thingy.
I think it's been harder than folks let on, and has caught some Devs out...

Quote:
Interesting all these transitions from TDM to AAX-DSP to AAX DSP 64. I suddenly find myself discovering new plugins that I haven't looked at for a while and saying "wow, this is good. Where have you been hiding". Even Metric Halo took a back see and I'm suddenly finding great uses for it.

This goes for the stock Avid Channel Strip which I never opened!

Good thing I started spending on lots of hardware outboards as inserts to never be a victim of software updates. And with those plugs from Plugin Alliance, I've remixed some stuff and am very pleased with the results. I can wait...
Sure enough. I pulled an old mix and started again just using what I had with Avid and PA.. I ended up liking the result better than the original.

There are a couple I'm missing that would have made it easier though.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Or, you could make music with PT10.3.6???
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
+1 , in the search for aax2 / 64 bit ready plugins I already discovered some quite nice new plugins. And it's more than fair enough that companies who are eager to deliver steady working and good PT11-plugins asap get a well deserved spotlight by standing out from lots of big-name 3rd party developers that don't even have a timeframe yet...
Old 06-26-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
WOW..

Still really lame that they are months away from this release with the AAX2.
What is it that is taking so long with some developers?

We all need to contact all of our plug-in suppliers and let them know we are ready and want the plugs done for AAX. If they get a lot of email, maybe they will put more resources on the job.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.