Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Problems after uppgrade to 8.01

I cant open some of my old 8 sessions ?

Anyone seen this ?
I uppgraded last week and didnt noticed any problem until today when i should open a session that was made in aug .

Pro tools starts but when its time to load the session it just quit.....

PT HD 3 on Mac G5 2,7 ( not intel) osx 10.5.7

Best
B
Old 09-13-2009, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Problems after uppgrade to 8.01

Sounds like u have some incompatable plugs on these particular sessions...When u click to open the session, simultaneously hold shift while it opens & see if it does; if so, u have some bad plugs somewhere; activate the plugs 1 by 1, saving after each time til u get a freeze or crash...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 PM

An even easier solution:

REMOVE the following plugins from your plugins folder:

Atmosphere
Trilogy
Mach Five
Any OLD Logic plugin that worked in 8.0 by renaming "plugin.dpm"

UPGRADE the following to latest versions:

Ivory
Rmx

8.0.1 is the "plugin police" and plugs that were officially not-compatible, but worked anyway in 8.0cs3 are toast in 8.0.1

The PROBLEM is that all your sessions that used these plugs can't anymore... so your first solution is to revert to 8.0cs3, then open EVERY session that has these plugs, either find an alternative (load the plugs on a VSTi host) and make certain all patches are saved externally. This is going to be a process...

Omnisphere will run on a G5 2/7dp, but not while the transport is running... maybe.

I moved all these plugs to my PC. Works great for me.

PITA though.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 PM

thanks!!!

Will do it first thing tomorrow...hope it helps...

Best
B
Old 09-14-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyroberts View Post

what?!?! what's this?

I have Logic 8 too....how can I use those plugs in PT HD 7.4?

Is that what it means?

cheers,
rich
Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 AM

What is spoken of here are a bundle of TDM plug ins that were sold separate from the logic software several years ago. They no longer work at all with 8.01.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 AM

Hi .. thanks for the help..

I got my session up and running by holding "Shift" while i was starting the session....

a bit strange is --- i manually started all deactivatede plugins and the song started ???

well.. now this session works , ill guess i have to do this "command" again on other sessions

Best
B
Old 09-15-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyroberts View Post
An even easier solution:

REMOVE the following plugins from your plugins folder:

Atmosphere
Trilogy
Mach Five

UPGRADE the following to latest versions:

Ivory
Rmx

8.0.1 is the "plugin police" and plugs that were officially not-compatible, but worked anyway in 8.0cs3 are toast in 8.0.1

The PROBLEM is that all your sessions that used these plugs can't anymore... so your first solution is to revert to 8.0cs3, then open EVERY session that has these plugs, either find an alternative (load the plugs on a VSTi host) and make certain all patches are saved externally. This is going to be a process...

Omnisphere will run on a G5 2/7dp, but not while the transport is running... maybe.

I moved all these plugs to my PC. Works great for me.

PITA though.
I wish they could fix this issue. I like alot of old plug ins...That don't need to be updated..(only because of PT 8)...And I can't use them in PT 8 was designed to keep the "who can't pay software makerst" of Digi's plan. Yea, I have no fact, just a gut feeling that this was done on purpose. Monopolizing...Seems everysince I left the KING OF HILL 7.4., lots of my plugs have been slowly disappearing as 8 comes along with issues, now 8.01. Nuendo is starting to twinkle my eye...I really don't know how much further I can deal with these crash issues. I paid too much $$$$ for an HD2 system and its not working like a pro. We should be able to use all plug ins...VST, RTAS, etc..with no limit. There must be a way for that to happen. Its like saying. no, no, no, don't put a maxel cassette in my tape deck...It only accests TDK tapes other wise it will spit them out and eat your tape up. How about this cassette player plays all cassettes.

I don't see why this has to be such a difficult thing. Now wouldn't you want a DAW that can take it all? Or gives you a crash if it doesn't like the plug you just installed?

Another reason, if it does crash. I wish there was a instant log telling you exactly why it happen and what to do. "for example" plug in Voxvengo is incompatible with PT 8 please remove". That would save me time trying to get help from Digidesign and the DUC and it will save them time. An instant response telling us all, what the problem is...
Old 09-15-2009, 11:53 PM

I will go back to 8.0cs3

It worked ok for me ..and i use some of the plugs that 8.01 dont let trough alot .. like the "nexus 2 synth" "Stylus RMX"

Ill go up to 8.01 when there are uppdates for those plugs.

Best
B
Old 09-16-2009, 01:57 AM

Stylus should work if you have the latest version. I don't have a problem with it. The plug compatibility list usually gives the best answers.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details