Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Default Can't Install Virtual Instruments

Hi all,

I am trying to install Pro Tools 10 on my system and am running into a problem when trying to install the virtual instruments package. Installation of Pro Tools went smoothly, but when I try to install the virtual instruments it begins installation and then pops up with message telling me to "Please insert the disk: 1". I tried and re-inserting the main installation disk as well as the other two disks, "Drivers" and "Audio Loops." I also tried accessing the virtual instruments installation directly from the disk, rather than the autorun menu. One installer, "Avid Virtual Instruments", claimed that "The program is already installed on your system" and wouldn't continue. The other, "Virtual Instruments Setup", tried to update the Pro Tools virtual instruments but came up with the same "Insert the disk: 1" error. After checking my windows programs under control panel, there is a program called "Avid Virtual Instruments", size at 3.53 GB. I have no way of knowing if this is the complete installation, or why this would even be installed since the installation has been interrupted every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Intel Core 17-3770 3rd gen CPU @ 3.40 GHz
12 GB RAM

Audio Interface -
Presonus FireStudio Mobile

Pro Tools 10
Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Can't Install Virtual Instruments

Issue resolved! Apparently the problem was the leftover Avid Virtual Instruments program from a Pro Tools 10 demo I had installed before purchasing. I uninstalled the demo but this evidently does not remove the virtual instruments from the system without a separate uninstall. In case anyone else has this problem, here's what I did:

Uninstalled Pro Tools 10
Uninstalled Avid Virtual Instruments (leftover from Pro Tools 10 demo)
Re-installed Pro Tools 10
Installed Virtual Instruments

Everything checks out!
Intel Core 17-3770 3rd gen CPU @ 3.40 GHz
12 GB RAM

Audio Interface -
Presonus FireStudio Mobile

Pro Tools 10