Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Default Re: no sound with mic in eleven rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregklau View Post
I had defaulted the I/O previously, but something must have happened and these inputs weren't showing up. Defaulting again worked and now I have MIC IN and GUITAR IN although in white and not yellow like the Eleven Rack Input. Thanks for your help.
It doesnt matter that its in white or yellow. The highlight just lets you know you have at least one other channel assigned to that input.

Try it for yourself. Create 2 or more tracks, set all inputs to NO Input. Then set one track to Mic. Then go to another track and when you look at the input options Mic will be highlighted and in bold text.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-10-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
As you have no doubt worked out "Eleven Rig L/R" is the processed output of the Eleven Rack virtual rig, you want is the Mic input.

Guitar In/Mic in is a stereo paired input, it should not show up on a input selector for a mono track. Are you sure you are working with a mono audio track.

if things are just screwed up, one thing to try is to "default the IO". Go to Setup>IO and click the "Default" option on the input, output and bus pages. Now do you see the Mic input in your audio track input selector button? All working OK now?

You may need to turn up the mic gain significantly (make sure the pad is off if so) and make sure phantom power is turned on for Mics 9e.g. condenser Mics) that require this.

BTW if on a Mac make sure you have the "Eleven Rack" selected as the playback engine in Pro Tools, and you are not trying to use an aggregate IO device, that can confuse things.

You record the dry guitar by selecting the Eleven Rack "guitar input" on a mono audio track. The guitar signal level will be very low, you may have to zoom in a lot on the track edit window to see the signal. All this is made easier if you start with the Eleven Rack session templates packaged with Pro Tools. And the Eleven Rack manual explains all this in beautiful detail. You need to open up and read that manual there is too great stuff you'll miss without doing that.

Darryl
I recognize that this is an older post, but I am having the same issue that guitar/mic L and R are showing up on a mono track. I am able to get a signal with guitar in/Mic in R (mono). guitar in/Mic in L (mono) does not work. There is no "mic" only snowing. I tried defaulting I/O in/out/bus as you said, but that didn't have any effect. Same issue. Any other ideas?

Old 01-10-2014, 02:05 PM

Default no sound with mic in eleven rack?

Pro Tools version? OS?

You have "Eleven Rack" selected as the playback engine? No aggregate IO etc.

Post a screen shot of your Setup>IO input screen and of what options show up in the track input selectors in the edit or mix windows

What electric guitar/what pickups/any pedals and what mic do you have connected? Which one (or both?) ever appears to work?

If a condenser Mic is phantom power turned on.

You do realize that the dry guitar may be at such a low level it may be hard to see or hear.

If neither one of these ever work switch/check the cables involved.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:43 PM

Thanks, Darryl.
Pro Tools 11.0.2
Windows 7 Ultimate
Yes, 11R is the playback engine

EVERYTHING works with the guitar. No problems. The mic works, but only with input "guitar in/mic in" on the right side and NOT on the left side. The issue is there is no OPTION for just "Mic". And yes, I am on a mono track. I can make it work, but as I learned from you, there should not be "guitar in/mic in" left and right, and there SHOULD be an option for just Mic.

What electric guitar/what pickups/any pedals and what mic do you have connected? Which one (or both?) ever appears to work?
I have a guitar - no pedals connected to "guitar input" and have "output to amp" wire connected to my amp

If a condenser Mic is phantom power turned on.Yes, a condensor mic and phantom power is on. (It does work on guitar in/mic in right side only)
I'm still trying to figure out how to insert a screen shot!

SiSoftware Sandra

Computer
Model : Dell Studio XPS 8000
Serial Number : CYV****
Chassis : Dell Desktop
Mainboard : Dell 0X231R
Serial Number : ..CN7360*********
BIOS : Dell A01 08/11/2009
Total Memory : 16GB DIMM DDR3

Processors
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (4C 8T 2.8GHz, 2.4GHz IMC, 4x 256kB L2, 8MB L3)
Socket/Slot : FC LGA1156

Chipset
Memory Controller : Dell Core (Clarksfield/Lynnfield) DMI 2x 2.4GHz (4.79GHz)
Memory Controller : Intel Core Desktop (Lynnfield) UnCore 2x 2.4GHz (4.79GHz), 2x 8GB DIMM DDR3 1.33GHz 128-bit

Memory Module(s)
Memory Module : Hynix (Hyundai) HMT351U6BFR8C-H9 4GB DIMM DDR3 PC3-10700U DDR3-1334 (9-9-9-25 4-34-10-5)
Memory Module : Hynix (Hyundai) HMT351U6BFR8C-H9 4GB DIMM DDR3 PC3-10700U DDR3-1334 (9-9-9-25 4-34-10-5)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Hewlett Packard HP w2207
(1680x1050, 22.0")
Monitor/Panel : Dell Computer DELL ST2410
(1920x1080, 24.0")
Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (14CU 112SP SM4.0 1.62GHz, 1GB DDR3 2.2GHz 256-bit, PCIe 2.00 x16)
Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (14CU 112SP SM4.0 1.62GHz, 1GB DDR3 2.2GHz 256-bit, PCIe 2.00 x16)

Graphics Processor
OpenCL GP Processor : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (112SP 14C 1.62GHz, 1GB DDR3 2.2GHz 256-bit)
Compute Shader Processor : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (112SP 14C 1.62GHz, 1GB DDR3 2.2GHz 256-bit)
CUDA GP Processor : NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 (112SP 14C 1.62GHz, 1GB DDR3 2.2GHz 256-bit)

Storage Devices
WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 (2TB, SATA600, 3.5", 7200rpm) : 2TB (C:) (D:)
WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 (250GB, SATA300, 3.5", 7200rpm, 16MB Cache) : 233GB (E:)
Generic- SD/MMC (USB2) : N/A (H:)
Generic- Compact Flash (USB2) : N/A (I:)
Generic- SM/xD-Picture (USB2) : N/A (J:)
Generic- MS/MS-Pro (USB2) : N/A (L:)
HL-DT-ST DVD+/-RW GH50N (SATA150, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache) : N/A (G:)

Logical Storage Devices
RECOVERY (D:) : 15GB (NTFS) @ WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 (2TB, SATA600, 3.5", 7200rpm)
Hard Disk (E:) : 233GB (NTFS) @ WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 (250GB, SATA300, 3.5", 7200rpm, 16MB Cache)
OS (C:) : 2TB (NTFS) @ WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 (2TB, SATA600, 3.5", 7200rpm)
Removable Drive (H:) : N/A @ Generic- SD/MMC (USB2)
Removable Drive (I:) : N/A @ Generic- Compact Flash (USB2)
Removable Drive (J:) : N/A @ Generic- SM/xD-Picture (USB2)
Removable Drive (L:) : N/A @ Generic- MS/MS-Pro (USB2)
Optical Drive (G:) : N/A @ HL-DT-ST DVD+/-RW GH50N (SATA150, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache)

Peripherals
LPC Hub Controller 1 : Dell P55 LPC Interface Controller
LPC Legacy Controller 1 : ITE IT8720F
Audio Device : Dell P55/PM55/3400 High Definition Audio
Audio Codec : Realtek Semi High Definition Audio
Audio Device : Creative Labs SB1040
Disk Controller : Dell P55/PM55/3400 4 port SATA IDE Controller
Disk Controller : Dell P55/PM55/3400 2 port SATA IDE Controller
USB Controller 1 : Dell P55/PM55/3400 USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Controller 2 : Dell P55/PM55/3400 USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
FireWire/1394 Controller 1 : Dell VT6315 Series Firewire Controller
SMBus/i2c Controller 1 : Intel ICH SMBus

Printers and Faxes
Printer : Microsoft XPS Document Writer (600x600, Colour)
Fax : Microsoft Shared Fax Driver (200x200)
Printer : Canon PRO-100 series (Colour)
Printer : Canon Inkjet MP500 Series (600x600, USB, Colour)

Peripherals

Network Services
Network Adapter : Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet (Ethernet, 100Mbps)

Operating System
Windows System : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.01.7601 (Service Pack 1)
Platform Compliance : x64

Windows Experience Index
Current System : 5.9
I'm still trying to figure out how to insert a screen shot!

Old 01-10-2014, 03:00 PM

Make sure you don't have "session overwrites current I/O..." checked in the Setup>IO panel. Try defaulting the IO again.

And you are absolutely sure you are looking at the input assignments for a *mono* *audio* track not a *instrument* track?

Create a new session using one of the Eleven Rack templates say, "Guitar Tracking and Reamping" do things work better in that?

Just take a screenshot, convert to PNG or similar and attach using the paperclip icon in the post edit window. Try to just screen shot eh window that matters not the whole screen or you'll need to trim it by hand to get it small enough to post.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Make sure you don't have "session overwrites current I/O..." checked in the Setup>IO panel. Try defaulting the IO again. I don't have session overwrites ....checked. I tried defaulting again (did this many times, and nothing changes.

Create a new session using one of the Eleven Rack templates say, "Guitar Tracking and Reamping" do things work better in that? I tried this - no change.

Just take a screenshot, convert to PNG or similar and attach using the paperclip icon in the post edit window. Try to just screen shot eh window that matters not the whole screen or you'll need to trim it by hand to get it small enough to post.Cool! Thanks for teaching me how to do that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IO PT11.jpg (40.0 KB, 0 views)

Old 01-10-2014, 03:22 PM

That IO input page looks correct.

So what is showing up wrong in the Track input assignments, try to grab a screen shot of the input assignment menu in the edit window (where I can also see details of the track you are using).
Old 01-10-2014, 03:29 PM

Not sure this is going to be readable....
Attached Images
File Type: png input options vocal track.PNG (65.5 KB, 0 views)

Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieguitar View Post
Make sure you don't have "session overwrites current I/O..." checked in the Setup>IO panel. Try defaulting the IO again. I don't have session overwrites ....checked. I tried defaulting again (did this many times, and nothing changes.

Create a new session using one of the Eleven Rack templates say, "Guitar Tracking and Reamping" do things work better in that? I tried this - no change.

Just take a screenshot, convert to PNG or similar and attach using the paperclip icon in the post edit window. Try to just screen shot eh window that matters not the whole screen or you'll need to trim it by hand to get it small enough to post.Cool! Thanks for teaching me how to do that!
When you defaulted the IO, did you default all slots? Like in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rjk5qVFEE8

What Eleven Rack driver do you have installed?

If you go to Device Manager and go to View>Show hidden devices and 'check' that.

Then scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers.

Do you have Multiple "Avid Eleven Rack" entries?

Have you tried trashing Pro Tools Preferences?
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/T...411#delete_pro

You say you are on PT 11.0.2, why not try updating to the latest version 11.1.1
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-1-1-Downloads

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-10-2014, 03:50 PM

When you defaulted the IO, did you default all slots? Like in this videoYes, I did, and thanks for the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rjk5qVFEE8

What Eleven Rack driver do you have installed? The current one for Windows - 1.1.6

If you go to Device Manager and go to View>Show hidden devices and 'check' that.I did this already after having read a different post of your! Did it again. No change

Do you have Multiple "Avid Eleven Rack" entries? No

Have you tried trashing Pro Tools Preferences?Did this too
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/T...411#delete_pro

You say you are on PT 11.0.2, why not try updating to the latest version 11.1.1 OK, I'll do that. But, this requires uninstalling my current version and then reinstalling the new version, correct? I don't have time to do that tonight, but will do so tomorrow. Thanks for all of your assistance!
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-1-1-Downloads