Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 08:12 AM

Default Re: 10 opening 9 session with EA rendering troublesome

This one feature (Elastic-Audio) sold Universal Studios (LA) on Pro Tools (from Nuendo) and now this?

Nothing worse than rendering and at the end an error message!!!!

Is it related to the new 24 hour timeline?

....or a prep for x64?

Is there a new standard to be maintained now for E-A? Will it be X? Or more rendering for XI? DTS????
Old 11-27-2011, 01:38 PM

bump

still unanswered. one solution posted- choose save 9 copy w/ realtime rendering option of elastic audio? open in 10?.

what about 11? and E-A's forthcoming compatibility?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 AM

THIS problem is still major here. I just got back from a 10 day trip. I opened a mix that I had ALREADY FINISHED IN PT 10 just to do some tweaks. At the end of initial opening I get the message that the rendered files cannot be found!!!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?? I had already saved the session and worked on it multiple times before I left, opening and closing it with no problem. Now today it can't find the rendered files??

Something is wrong with PT 10 and Elastic Audio.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor
Old 12-05-2011, 08:22 AM

SORRY MY BAD, REALLY SORRY

The session I opened was the only one in this project that I had finished before I made the move to PT 10. So the mix was sent to the band before the change.

After getting their tweaks, I was opening this session up, and of course, it was STILL in PT 9 format, and so the same problems that I describe in my first posts happened. I had to use my own workaround to get the session to open.

So PT 10 does not have a problem opening sessions that have been successfully converted from 9 Elastic Audio to 10 Elastic Audio.

SO the original problem still exists, and I suppose all this serves to bump it back up.
Pro Tools 10/11 HD, Mac OS 10.8.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (June 2012) 64 Gig RAM, Avid HDX Card, OMNI HD I/O, 192 HD 16x16, Artist MC Control, Firewire audio drives, Sony Bravia 42" HDMI monitor, Acer 24" monitor
Old 12-09-2011, 01:16 PM

I just wonder why there's no response from DTS to this problem?

I have to be careful every time I open an old (or like 2 months ago) session that I did in 9, IF on that session I did any Elastic Audio editing on the drums or whatever. If I did, I have to use my workaround explained earlier in this post.

If I forget, and just expect the session to open in Pro Tools 10, it will crash, and a Force Quit is the only thing to get going.

I see DTS responding to many other posts. This seems like a worthy problem to have an acknowledgment......
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Now that DTS has acknowledged that they are working on the subject of my other post (PT 10 outputs stop working), I wonder if they might respond to this one.

I would rather not have to think so much about this Elastic Audio problem when importing from a PT 9 session.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 PM

having issues here too on pthd10. opening up a pt9hd session to make edits and now clips are playing all out of whack. a lot of dae 35 error's as well.

whats the right way to open a 9hd session w/ elastic audio on a pt10hd system? i can disable EA at this point but its not playing back right and keeps giving 35 errors.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSSstudio View Post
having issues here too on pthd10. opening up a pt9hd session to make edits and now clips are playing all out of whack. a lot of dae 35 error's as well.

whats the right way to open a 9hd session w/ elastic audio on a pt10hd system? i can disable EA at this point but its not playing back right and keeps giving 35 errors.
Go back through this thread from the beginning. Early on I figured out my own work around when opening PT 9 sessions that have EA editing in them. I give you pretty much a step by step way to do it with no problems.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:20 PM

I must resurrect this thread, as this problem still occurs.

Yesterday I opened (or tried to open) a PT 9 session that had Elastic Audio editing on the bass and drums. All were in "Rendered" mode.

AS ALWAYS HAPPENS in this case, when the session begins to open, a screen comes on and says that "XX rendered files are missing" and give you the choice to skip, automatically find, or manually find etc.

To avoid the crash, I had to Pause All tasks, go to the drums and bass tracks and put them in "Real Time" mode. The I unpaused and let Pro Tools create overviews and it's other rendering processes.

I still got DAE 35 errors 4 times while the tasks were completed. Once the task window was clear, I went back to the drums and bass tracks and switched back to "rendered" mode. All the tracks rendered fine. I saved the session as another name and quit and restarted Pro Tools

DTS - You never said if anyone there is aware of this bug. I know you are working on the "outputs disabling" bug right now (thank you so much!). But is this bug on the radar? It's tough to have to remember this when opening PT 9 sessions.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM

rtcstudio, I posted a reply on your other post related to Elastic Audio... http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...=1#post1919575 I wanted to see what was on this post also though since I am going to be running into the same, or at least very similar issues, while upgrading from version 8 to 10 since I have A LOT of EA tracks in my sessions.

I thanked you on my other comment but would like to thank you again for taking the time to describe the issues and for trying to help with some suggestions for workarounds. What is very concerning however, is the complete lack of response from AVID!

AVID, WHERE ARE YOU???