Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2009, 09:20 AM

Default Melodyne Essential - Spot to PT

I'm having trouble getting the Save and Spot to Pro Tools function in Melodyne Essential to work. Went through the steps in the tutorial: set user time stamp, export region definitions, and open file in Melodyne. Then I transpose the file and attempt to use Save and Spot to Pro Tools. The new files get created, but PT 8 gives me a message: "Could not complete your request becuase the regions do not appear to match in file size, duration, or position...". If I look in the Project Browser, the new file stats do match, and sometimes the file is automatically imported into the Region List. However, the new file is never added as an alternate playlist.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Melodyne Essential - Spot to PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by danika View Post
I'm having trouble getting the Save and Spot to Pro Tools function in Melodyne Essential to work. Went through the steps in the tutorial: set user time stamp, export region definitions, and open file in Melodyne. Then I transpose the file and attempt to use Save and Spot to Pro Tools. The new files get created, but PT 8 gives me a message: "Could not complete your request becuase the regions do not appear to match in file size, duration, or position...". If I look in the Project Browser, the new file stats do match, and sometimes the file is automatically imported into the Region List. However, the new file is never added as an alternate playlist.
I haven't tried Essential with PT8 yet, but just a question: are you creating a new playlist? I imagine it wants to spot over the existing. Maybe I'm in left field on this...
Eleven Rack (live rig and studio rig!!)
Win7 * 003R * PT 11
Old 01-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidwalnut View Post
I haven't tried Essential with PT8 yet, but just a question: are you creating a new playlist? I imagine it wants to spot over the existing. Maybe I'm in left field on this...
No, I'm not creating a new playlist, but I do have a further update. Even though the stats in the Workspace Browser are the same for the new files created by Melodyne, when I import them into PT they are slightly longer. So I guess it's a different problem. The only thing I did in Melodyne was raise the pitch of the entire file by 4 semitones.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danika View Post
No, I'm not creating a new playlist, but I do have a further update. Even though the stats in the Workspace Browser are the same for the new files created by Melodyne, when I import them into PT they are slightly longer. So I guess it's a different problem. The only thing I did in Melodyne was raise the pitch of the entire file by 4 semitones.
I'm out of ideas at the moment, but I'll chime in if I think of any.
Eleven Rack (live rig and studio rig!!)
Win7 * 003R * PT 11
Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 PM

Not sure if this will help, but here's my experience with Melodyne Studio(the 8 track version of Melodyne). When I go to save the audio(in Melodyne) and "spot to Protools, I found out early on that the audio file from Melodyne will spot to protools fine BUT.....it will spot to where ever the cursor is in the PT edit window(this could be any track and anywhere in the timeline). Now I make it a habit to just create an audio track below the track being tuned, make sure I put the cursor in that empty track so when I save the Melodyne audio and close out that command, the tuned audio shows up on my new audio track. Then I go back to PT, remove the Melodyne Bridge plugin and place the tuned audio region as follows. Using Tab to Transient, find the first transient of the tuned region, place a cut there(Ctrl-E), highlight the region(after the cut) and hit Ctrl-X to cut the region and place it on the clipboard (you could Copy instead of cut and then delete the entire audio track when you are finished). Then go to the original track and use Tab to Transient to find the first transient, and hit Ctrl-V to paste the tuned audio(this method will place it right on the money in the timeline. It sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't. Don't know if this helps, but it can't hurt.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave