Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Allenstein Quadzilla Machine

Alright, sitting pretty between 45 and 52C Much happoer than the 85+ hit 192F in the temps that is sick!

Going to bed now.

Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 09-21-2006, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Ok Tyan Quaders, myself and IntelDoc just noticed something that we need to confirm. We need everyone to right click on 'my computer', go to 'properties', then 'general' and report your ram numbers. It should say:

1.81 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM. This is what it should read. The BIOS should show all 4 GB of RAM.

Thanks,

Shane

(You might have some bad RAM IntelDoc)
3 GB reported in XP Pro SP2, 4 GB reported in BIOS 1.03 (or whatever it was.)
Old 09-21-2006, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Ok Tyan Quaders, myself and IntelDoc just noticed something that we need to confirm. We need everyone to right click on 'my computer', go to 'properties', then 'general' and report your ram numbers. It should say:

1.81 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM. This is what it should read. The BIOS should show all 4 GB of RAM.

Thanks,

Shane

(You might have some bad RAM IntelDoc)
3 GB reported in XP Pro SP2, 4 GB reported in BIOS 1.03 (or whatever it was.)
4GB reported in BIOS v1.04
2.75GB reported in WINXP SP2
Old 09-21-2006, 06:34 AM

I still show 2.75 gigs..... Not sure on the bios yet? What is your ram speed set to in your bios? 200???

Also, the machine was sitting at 48 celcius this morning, both processors were equal. I am convinced it was the after market cooling fans... Seems to be stable and cool now even with the other system working too.

Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 09-21-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I still show 2.75 gigs..... Not sure on the bios yet? What is your ram speed set to in your bios? 200???

Also, the machine was sitting at 48 celcius this morning, both processors were equal. I am convinced it was the after market cooling fans... Seems to be stable and cool now even with the other system working too.

Doc
Doc, What aftermarket fans do you have? I use the zalman CNSP9500's I think... With Bios 1.04 it tells me that cpu1 idles @ 20C, and cpu @ 18-19C. But that of course is at startup. I downloaded TYAN system monitor to briefly check on the system every now and again, and I don't think either of the 2 CPU's have went above 35C during moderate workloads. My question to you is, if your using the zalmans like a few of us here, how did you have them connected to your MoBo? Directly? OR Did you use the Fan Mate2 controllers? I keep mine turned up all the way. I could lower them when I'm not doing CPU intesive stuff, or like Bodie when I'm doing a quick overdub and want to keep it quiet. I don't have a machine room. Also, how much thermal paste did you use? I used a nice amount for mine, and they've been keeping the CPU's cool.

My ram speed is set to 200, and I see 4Gigs in the BIOS, and 3gig in XP.

-Dennis
Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 AM

This is the cooling fans that I HAD on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106038

I then slapped the stock fans with the stock tape/paste already on it and it is sitting at 45 to 55c. Happy with that honestly as it is in a Silent Case with a door on both ends. 2 intake vents/fans and two outtake fans. My other Athlon 3000 was at 41C so I am not worried given the environment it is in. I will check the bios to see what version I am on, and also look into the Ram issue. I only see 2.75 in XP.

Will probably get the Zalmans soon, but right now I gotta get this thing stable so I can track all weekend.

Thanks,
Doc

Monument Sound Facebook

Old 09-21-2006, 10:35 AM

Wow Doc..that's high... You could always come over to the Dark Side! My cores are running at about 8C when idle, maybe a degree or two higher if I do stuff. Never been over 20C during the heaviest, push the system to the lmit for awhile runs...

C'mon Doc! The Dark Side is calling!

...Someone?

...Anyone?

I'm so lonely over here....it is so dark...and cold...mommy??? Auntie Em? There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home...it's your fault Toto...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:21 AM

Nikki, I'm on my way...

The MacPro is sitting right here. The bad news is that my 002 is on backorder. Talk about QUIET, though. Can hardly wait!!

You're not alone, your new friends are just over in the other forum.

Scott
Old 09-21-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
...Someone?

...Anyone?

I'm so lonely over here....it is so dark...and cold...mommy??? Auntie Em? There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home...it's your fault Toto...
Und zo shtudents....heer vee observe ze effects of svitching from ze stable pee cee to ze dark side of ze mac. Vee can all remember viss great fondness a happier and less lonely nikki ja?

Help Mr Wizard...I don't want to work on a Mac anymore....

Ah Tudor....drizzle drazzle druzzle drone...time for ziss one to come home.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:56 AM

NOT IF IT WAS GIVEN TO ME!

Never fear, serious cooling fans will be here.

Do I need to remind you... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Why "NOT" to use a M... mm.... m.... MAC.

and...

Ughhhhh..... MMMmmmm.... Mmmmm... "Crapintosh!"

Doc

Monument Sound Facebook